SASS Wire Forum

I was going thru some old picture albums and found a few that make me want to get out on the water again....soon!

Marlin, Dorado and Yellowtail caught on my boat. The Black sea Bass on a long range Sea Of Cortez midriff trip and the Wahoo on a longrange10 day trip out of San Diego. 957846767_Rogerfishingpictures.thumb.jpg.66614d10d9203d9b0e65bf0912b839e1.jpg

I'm ready. Fresh line on all the rods. Working on the boat today. Need to wire in my new bait station. 

I guess the ice fishing is done.lol

14 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

I'm ready. Fresh line on all the rods. Working on the boat today. Need to wire in my new bait station. 

I guess the ice fishing is done.lol

One would hope. Fishing in warm sunshine is always better than fishing on a block of ice in my artic togs, sez I. 

Started to go thru my equipment. I have an old Fenwick 7' 1/2" flyrod that I have had 50 years or so and a Pfleueger Medalist 1495 fly reel that I've had even longer. Getting them cleaned up and some new flyline so I can start stretching the lips of the bass and bluegill in my pond. Picture is of my Dad catching them a few years back.197436832_DadfishingJune08.JPG.413b708070146a5cbfa1e9cb58f214bf.JPG

Any word from the Alaskan lodge where you’ll be fishing on whether they’ll be cancelling part of the season? I heard from a friend of mine that his late May trip had been cancelled because the lodge didn’t think they’d be open until late June.

I do believe I can confidently claim the title of "The World's Worst Fisherman."   I've never been any good at catching fish.  I always catch the fewest and smallest fish whenever I go fishing with others.  The last time I went fishing was with my cousin, Ernie.  Ernie caught seven trout; I caught one.  And all of Ernie's fish were bigger than mine.  Here's the photo of the one trout I caught.

tZXpfd.jpg

Birdgun,

I'm with you. The one Chain Pickerel I caught was shorter than my shoe (8 1/2). I had a picture of it but it was too small to stay in my phone memory, it slipped out.

I haven't been able to catch anything else here and I live on a lake. People keep coming past fishing from in Kayaks and Canoes. They say the Bass fishing is good. I haven't seen it, but that's what they tell me. Do you think maybe they catch all the fish and leave non for me?

CJ

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I do believe I can confidently claim the title of "The World's Worst Fisherman."   I've never been any good at catching fish.  I always catch the fewest and smallest fish whenever I go fishing with others.  The last time I went fishing was with my cousin, Ernie.  Ernie caught seven trout; I caught one.  And all of Ernie's fish were bigger than mine.  Here's the photo of the one trout I caught.

tZXpfd.jpg

BG:

You need bigger bait!!!!

LL

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Any word from the Alaskan lodge where you’ll be fishing on whether they’ll be cancelling part of the season? I heard from a friend of mine that his late May trip had been cancelled because the lodge didn’t think they’d be open until late June.

Talked to them a couple of weeks ago. Our trip is in early August for the Coho Salmon season. They are planning on being open and fishing. The big unknown is flying to Ketchican and Alaskan Airlines flying, we do have paid r/t tickets. If the trip gets cancelled, our money will be refunded or credited to a future trip, our choice. Deposits have been paid and the balance is due the first week of June, so I guess June is D Day.....decision day for sure.

6 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

One would hope. Fishing in warm sunshine is always better than fishing on a block of ice in my artic togs, sez I. 

Sometimes. Only sometimes!

IMG_20200301_175218677.jpg

Don't have the itch. Last time I went fishing was about 63 years ago. Sat in a boat in the hot sun and only caught a 4" sunfish. Ain't throwed a line since. Granddaughter, Kylie, loves fishing. Her neighbor has a nice pond and she has caught some nice ones there.

Archived