SASS Wire Forum

Best dueling tree

Buckshot Bob

I have some plates but thinking about getting a dueling tree for the backyard. I will probably not shoot anything more than a 45 at it , but would like something that would stand up to a 44 mag if someone stops by with one . Action target and challenge target don’t look bad has anyone found one they like better? 

Only ever seen one and it was best at throwing ricochets at a 90 degree angle to the target. Edge facing the shooter was a piece of heavy angle iron. Every time a round hit the angle iron and was deflected into one of the swingers it land about 50 yards away at approximately a 90 degree angle from target. If you get one be sure you have good tall berms to either side of the target. 

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I have some plates but thinking about getting a dueling tree for the backyard. I will probably not shoot anything more than a 45 at it , but would like something that would stand up to a 44 mag if someone stops by with one . Action target and challenge target don’t look bad has anyone found one they like better? 

I just bought a Birchwood Casey for $255 shipped. I looked at the Action Target & others, which all seemed to run about $450. The BC is very heavy duty & seems to be well made. I highly recommend it, especially for the money.

Archived