SASS Wire Forum

Very interesting

Tyrel Cody

This is very interesting. It may very well be true...I hope it is.  My personal problem is that being over 70 and with Type 2 diabetes, I cannot take any chances.  Even with a probability of death of .06% of those who get COVID-19, if I or my wife catch it and die, we are 100% dead!  So, until we get a lot more data, and the rate of new cases in my locale (Colorado) decreases significantly or, better, to zero, we will continue to "hunker in the bunker", unless we absolutely have to go out for food or medicine.

Stay healthy, Pard!

People don't want to hear this.  It would go against what they already know as true because the government,  health organizations and news media have been saying.  

There is some motive for this pandemic shutdown.  Political?  Profit?  Power?  

22 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

All of the above. 

Yes it is interesting, however, hindsight is always 20/20.  I believe the government did what they did with the information they had at the time.  Information like this will strengthen the argument the country needs to re-open ASAP.  It appears to be heading that way.  We will see in the coming days.

41 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

18 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

All of the above. 

Yep.

To see how fast the Sheep will obey......

Son the nurse made comments to me yesterday that when he went shopping a lot of people were wearing mask but only one person was actually wearing one correctly.  Then she pulled it down and licked her fingers to pull off a plastic bag off the roll to put her produce in. <_<

Interesting but I have a few question that I cannot find the answers to.

1. What is the error rate of the test?

2. Where is the actual data? As of this evening it has not been posted to any website controlled by Stanford University that I can access.

I have lost friends because I said from the beginning that this whole BS disease was media driven and that the entire leftist population of the WORLD saw it as a way to attack this country and its leaders.

I still believe it.  If you are more comfortable protecting yourself from this (or any other disease), please feel free.  I would if I were susceptible.  But, please, let's let some common sense find its way into this situation and start putting our country back together.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:54 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

Interesting but I have a few question that I cannot find the answers to.

1. What is the error rate of the test?

2. Where is the actual data? As of this evening it has not been posted to any website controlled by Stanford University that I can access.

Not only that, but a random sampling of 3,300+ in a Country of 300,000,000+? I don't see how anyone can take this "study" seriously IMO.

On 4/18/2020 at 8:03 PM, Warden Callaway said:

Then she pulled it down and licked her fingers to pull off a plastic bag off the roll to put her produce in

I had to fight not to do that today.

For years I have been pulling a bag off that roll and then licking my thumb and two fore-fingers to get that damn little thing to open.

Picked up some avocados and onion at the grocery store today and almost did it by habit. Had to force myself not to.

The odds of there being any germs on it were kinda slight. But still, no need to take a chance.

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I had to fight not to do that today.

For years I have been pulling a bag off that roll and then licking my thumb and two fore-fingers to get that damn little thing to open.

Picked up some avocados and onion at the grocery store today and almost did it by habit. Had to force myself not to.

The odds of there being any germs on it were kinda slight. But still, no need to take a chance.

Getting virus off the roll of bags or the produce may be slight.   But licking fingers that may have came in contact with hundreds of surfaces since the last time they have been washed to the point of being virus free is the bigger risk.

Why do idiots that make videos like this insist on white verbiage displays on a very light blue background?

Amazing how people turn up their noses at Leftist Universities like Stanford until the university comes up with something they like...

More conspiracies. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/23/new-york-antibody-study-estimates-13point9percent-of-residents-have-had-the-coronavirus-cuomo-says.html

New York antibody study estimates 13.9% of residents have had the coronavirus, Gov. Cuomo says

KEY POINTS
  • An estimated 13.9% of the New Yorkers have likely had Covid-19, according to preliminary results of coronavirus antibody testing released by Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Thursday.
  • The state randomly tested 3,000 people at grocery stores and shopping locations across 19 counties in 40 localities to see if they had the antibodies to fight the coronavirus, indicating they have had the virus and recovered from it.
  • With more than 19.4 million people residents, the preliminary results indicate that at least 2.7 million New Yorkers have been infected with Covid-19.

Archived