SASS Wire Forum

Spring is Sprung.....Oh...No, I guess Not

Temperatures up and down - drastically up here too.

I was BBQ'ing on the deck last week.

This past week we had snow again.

Welcome to Canada Eh?

39c3a3a5ecc4e4b91d77a6794c5658bd.jpg

2 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

But, then, Pat....anything like this in AZ?

LL

WAQUOIT BAY VIEW.jpg

Nope. There are lakes but I am not going for the water. ;)

1 minute ago, Eyesa Horg said:

That's why we love New England LL. :P

Yep.  That's Waquoit Bay on the south side of Cape Cod.   Drop your mooring, hang a right, and in 30 minutes or so you are in Vineyard Sound; keep going and you are in the Atlantic.

I understand that some folks love the desert, the lack of snow and cold, and no lawn to mow.

There's just no way that I could leave the green coastline, the four seasons, or the access to unlimited bodies of water.

To each his own.

LL

When I was young un many moons ago, we spent our summers up on the Cape in South Wellfleet on the ocean side right on the bluff above the beach. I miss it.

12 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

When I was young un many moons ago, we spent our summers up on the Cape in South Wellfleet on the ocean side right on the bluff above the beach. I miss it.

It's still there, waiting for you.  So is the drive-in movie theater in Wellfleet.  It's like 1955 all over again.

LL

On 4/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

It's still there, waiting for you.  So is the drive-in movie theater in Wellfleet.  It's like 1955 all over again.

LL

That's pretty cool! Saw many movies as a kid there with the family. Do you remember the old windmill that sat on the green in Eastham? We found it again back in the 80's, it was moved to Greenfield Village @ the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Mich. Turns out it originated in Andover, Conn. about 5 miles from where used to live at the time. Small world sometimes.

Archived