SASS Wire Forum

Is gun control on the table with COVID legislation?

Charlie T Waite

Pelosi-300x169.jpg

This is very carefully orchestrated.

Pelosi & Company know the money has already run out, so they have another "stimulus" bill in the works.

This new bill contains H.R. 5717, which is the most heinous and despicable rape of our 2nd Amendment rights to date.

• 30% tax on all firearms
• 50% tax on all ammunition
• $500 fine for each violation
• $50 million yearly for attorney general budget
• Colleges and Universities are gun-free zones
• Expanded Red Flag laws
• Mandatory 21 years minimum age for purchase or transport
• Mandatory Federal gun owner license
• Mandatory Federal license annual background check
• Mandatory gun locks
• Mandatory secure storage
• Universal background checks with CA DROS type data
• Warrantless searches of gun stores and records

Pelosi is counting on blackmailing Trump into signing this bill for C19 relief.

IMO, signing HR5717 into law will ignite civil war.

That type of legislation is not likely to go any further than the House....for now!

I keep trying to figure out the Democrat autocrat strategy with Biden.

For months as Biden looked like in spite of his issues he was going to be the nominee what is the plan? Biden has so many gaffs and other issues that seems to be beyond the media ability to hide. Cuomo looking like he will not run, especially against Trump (Trump knows what is in Cuomo's closet and will make sure everyone else does too), their field of presidential candidates that could step in at the convention is almost non-existent.

That leaves the real focus on keeping the House and winning the Senate. Those are not nationwide races and in purple and blue states probably much more winnable. Having Biden on top of the ticket might take almost everyone's eyes off the presidential race and leave the field open for the Dems to retain the House and win control of the Senate.

Really after the impeachment scandal, we saw that House would impeach Trump if he ate a hotdog from the wrong direction. They could not truly convict Trump in the Senate as they would not likely get enough vote to convict (it takes more than 50+1). At least with control of the Senate, they could keep the trial going on for months and years and not risk losing control of SCOTUS. It also helps them keep Trump people out of key positions.

Also consider, that Bloomberg, though out would has all that money he would be using on a presidential run to vector into House, Senate, gubernatorial and other down ballot races like he did in Virginia. In our own state, Louisiana, just 2 years ago Bloomberg allegedly spent $1 million dollars on positioning anti-gun legislation.

Remember all the issues that sunk him and made him a pariah to the Democrat Party will not be part of those people who accept his money from this tainted person. Not only that, with Bloomberg out his media organization is now free to aid the Democrat Party. I will also add that a few years ago Bloomberg apparently funded reporter salaries at PBS stations nationwide. This was suppose to be enough money to pay for the addition of two reporters at these PBS(NPR) stations.

We also have to be considerably smarter this year and put money into organizations we believe can help our cause.

NRA is more than just hamstrung, and I wish that problem came from outside the NRA, but it seems to be mostly self-inflicted. We still need to keep the NRA alive in the hopes the organization will do the truly difficult things and fix their issues.

In the meantime, we need to put more money into other organizations so that they pick up what the NRA use to do. It seems like the Second Amendment Foundation might be one of those organizations, and there are a number of state/regional organizations that could use the help. We need to determine what they are.

Our sport is hardly immune either. Since last year the gloves have come off from progressive/autocrat side of the Democrat Party and they have all guns, knives, bats, bows and arrows or anything that could make life difficult for government to control you. They no longer focus on what they call "weapons of war" and any firearm right down to hand pointing like a pistol is a threat to their style of government.

One thing that is important and maybe a good thing. That is without a real perceived threat by the public from a Democrat presidential candidate, just about every under $1,000 AR has disappeared as has just about every round for the AR down to the lowly .25 ACP. So far though, I can get .45 Colt ammo off-the-shelf.

I will also add that the plant that makes projectiles in our area is making all the coated cast lead bullets he can. If you buy from him at the plant, you cannot come in. He brings them to your car because he does not want to risk one of his workers getting sick and upsetting production.

This reminds me very much of Hurricane Katrina. Thus far we have not had an incident where getting police protection is a problem like it was during Katrina. Katrina convinced me to get an AR. One gun shop closer to New Orleans than I am, is filled with people buying firearms in his store. He usually had just a couple of buyers in his store in the evenings but now he limits it to 7. (BTW, one guy bought a 9mm but there was no ammo for it in the store)

This is giving us that opportunity again to educate those people who never thought about owning a firearm the reasons why you should, what you should buy, and how to be safe with it.

Archived