SASS Wire Forum

Possible treatment for the virus found

Trigger Mike

Gilead tested a drug on a Chicago patient and said it had dramatic results so the market futures have spiked over 700 points this morning.   We can go to work.

I was chatting with some on Facebook and they wanted us all to stay home 4 months drawing government checks to avoid the virus and I couldn't get her to see that in 4 months jobs are gone permanently for many.   I also couldn't get her to see 99.9% of our state has not had the virus, 99.96% of our country is still healthy and 99.98% of the entire world hasn't had the virus. 

Want an eye opener?

Click here and scroll down to deaths:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Now, click this link and scroll down to see CoVid 19 deaths in the US:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Some will say the lower CoVid death rate is due to all the precautions taken. That very well could be true, but CoVid hasn’t become the world ender some thought, or maybe even hoped it would. 

34 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I also couldn't get her to see 99.9% of our state has not tested positive for the virus, 99.96% of our country is still healthy and 99.98% of the entire world hasn't tested positive for the virus. 

A LOT have had it and do have it but are either asymptomatic or so mild they don't know. While I agree China Virus is serious, I do not agree with the stay at home orders; especially outside big cities. Time to get back to it.

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

Gilead tested a drug on a Chicago patient and said it had dramatic results so the market futures have spiked over 700 points this morning.   We can go to work.

I was chatting with some on Facebook and they wanted us all to stay home 4 months drawing government checks to avoid the virus and I couldn't get her to see that in 4 months jobs are gone permanently for many.   I also couldn't get her to see 99.9% of our state has not had the virus, 99.96% of our country is still healthy and 99.98% of the entire world hasn't had the virus. 

I saw that on Fox& Friends this morning. Hope it gets out soon to everyone everywhere, except China!

Tested it on one patient?? -_- 

Certainly not a definitive clinical trial. I hope it works though.

I believe ithe market upturn is due more to the possibility of re- starting the economy and easing restrivtions. If a cure is found it will really take off.

23 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Heard about this on the radio this morning. U of Chicago has a study going on an anti-AIDS drug, remdesivir. Gilead's stock is going thru the roof.

JHC

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/gilead-sees-promising-results-in-study-of-remdesivir-for-covid-19

25 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The University of Chicago Medicine recruited 125 people with Covid-19 into Gilead’s two Phase 3 clinical trials. Of those people, 113 had severe disease. All the patients have been treated with daily infusions of remdesivir. 

I surely hope POTUS keeps his mouth shut regarding any treatments.

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

You can’t fix stupid!

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

There is a cure for stupid! However, it is nearly always fatal.

But it is permanent. And once you catch death, you’re immune from it! :D 

(Although most Hindus would disagree )

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

But it is permanent. And once you catch death, you’re immune from it! :D 

(Although most Hindus would disagree )

Given the voting trends of dead people in most liberal states, this is open for debate.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

in the second paragraph under the first four pictures they state: "burden of influenza"

is that anything like the "heartbreak of psoriasis"?

Archived