SASS Wire Forum

Passing of a good cowboy

Silver Creek Jack

CAS lost a good cowboy and a great personal friend of mine last evening, Yosemite Sam, AKA- Randy Hardy has passed away. Sam was the cowboy to take me under his wing when I started this crazy sport we all love, I was impressed how he was always working the stages, always dressed the part of the classic cowboy even on practice days, helping whenever any one had a problem and  happy and laughing no matter if the weather was good or bad, he was a good pard to ride the river with. He will be missed. Rest In Peace my good pard.   SCJ

Sorry for your loss .

Prayers for the Family and friends. 

Yosemite Sam was the first SASS cowboy I met. I had seen an ad for a "buffalo shoot" posted in a local gun store and called to inquire. Randy answered and invited me to come watch. So, while a friend and I were tooling around the Kansas Flint Hills on motorcycles that weekend we rode over to the buffalo shoot. (All steel silhouettes at buffalo rifle ranges.). The shoot was being held on a private ranch. Being invited we pulled up to watch. Yosemite (always dressed the part) came right over to us, introduced himself, gave us the scoop, and asked us if we'd like to try! Heck yes we would! Not only did we get to put 45-70 rounds through a Sharps at long range "buffalo", he handed me his Schofield and told me to try it out as well. Needless to say, I was amazed at this man's friendliness, generosity, and zeal for all of this. He invited me out to the local cowboy club for a monthly, I readily attended, and I was hooked. All the cowboys at that club were welcoming and helpful and friendly. I had a most excellent time but it was Yosemite Sam's love of cowboy action shooting and his ability to share and infect others with his passion that was truly inspiring. He was a fine man and will be missed greatly.

Outgoing prayers!

• 2 weeks later...

Prayers up for his family and friends

Ellie & Eyesa

Archived