SASS Wire Forum

California's Zero Bail - "Christmas for Crooks"

The Judicial Council of California last week voted on the emergency order to temporarily end cash bail in some cases in an effort to reduce the inmate population and limit the spread of the coronavirus. Those suspected of DUI, domestic violence and sex crimes are not included in the emergency order.  The ruling will remain in effect until 90 days after Gov. Gavin Newsom lifts the COVID-19 state of emergency or if the judicial council repeals the rule.

FRESNO, CA (KMJ) – Four Fresno police officers and a canine are now quarantined after a brush with a COVID 19 infected suspect.

An 18-year-old man accused of auto theft was brought into the Fresno County Jail by police back on April 10th.

He appeared to have symptoms of coronavirus.

He was taken to the hospital given a test for COVID-19 and returned to the jail.

Due to zero dollar bail rule, he was released.

The next day, Fresno PD learned the man had tested positive for COVID-19.

Jail staff who had direct contact with him were notified, and the booking area was deep cleaned. 

The sergeant, 3 officers and the police K9 were sent home.and ordered to quarantine for 14 days.

So, the county's Health Department refuses to identify the guy - after all, he deserves his privacy, don'tcha know.

Oh - and by the way... the wholesome young man had been arrested last month for auto theft, too.  

Ain't this just special?   :wacko:

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

2 years 8 months...

From?  'Til?  :huh:

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

'Til my 4th and last exodus from California.

I remember hearing that on the 3rd exodus. You'll be back. You just can't stay away from us folks haha

1 minute ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I remember hearing that on the 3rd exodus. You'll be back. You just can't stay away from us folks haha

Uh...No, I wasn't posting the Wire on my 3rd exodus...maybe you remember my 2nd. :D

30 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Read yesterday that Gov. Gruesome is also going to give  $500 to CA residents --- including illegal immigrants. :wacko:

No, he is giving $500 to Illegal Aliens, not California Residents. $500 per or $1000 per household for Illegals because they are not receiving help from the Federal Government. :angry:

Ya see, he’s true to his nature. He appeases gun owners by claiming a belief in the Second Amendment, yet at the same time appeasing his base with this nonsense at Taxpayer’s expense...So, I make it my job to recoup any monies I can from the state to appease myself for being subjected to such silliness. 

On 4/15/2020 at 11:29 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

The Judicial Council of California last week voted on the emergency order to temporarily end cash bail in some cases in an effort to reduce the inmate population and limit the spread of the coronavirus. Those suspected of DUI, domestic violence and sex crimes are not included in the emergency order.  The ruling will remain in effect until 90 days after Gov. Gavin Newsom lifts the COVID-19 state of emergency or if the judicial council repeals the rule.

So, the county's Health Department refuses to identify the guy - after all, he deserves his privacy, don'tcha know.

Oh - and by the way... the wholesome young man had been arrested last month for auto theft, too.  

Ain't this just special?   :wacko:

And the taxpayer gets to fund his health care?

On 4/16/2020 at 3:35 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

'Til my 4th and last exodus from California.

You Sir, are a glutton for punishment.

Do you also beat yourself with knotted rope?

6 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

You Sir, are a glutton for punishment.

Do you also beat yourself with knotted rope?

Yes, I am not all there. That is for certain. ;)

Archived