SASS Wire Forum

**WANTED** Old Franford Arsenal cartridges with dated headstamps .45-70, etc.

RIDGE WALKER

While you guys/gals are all home keeping a safe "Social distance" from one another......dig through that old coffee can and/or shoebox full of loose cartridges you have on the bench and see if you come up with any Frankford Arsenal cartridges you might want to sell.  

I am primarily looking for the early stuff from the late 1870's through around 1898 and in .45 caliber rounds such as .45-70, .45-80, etc.  There are also other rifle and handgun rounds made by FA that have dated headstamps including .45 Colt, .38 Colt, .30-40 Krag, etc. 

I am also interested in full or partial boxes of FA stuff........

If you come up with some drop me an email to tomgraham01@msn.com preferrably with a photo and an asking price.  

**Please don't post what you have available on this thread, email me......NO PM's**

Keep in mind the early ones were "Internal" primed meaning no exposed primer.....and they had a copper case.  

The later rounds typically had a nickel washed case and some were eventually brass. 

Thanks for looking and keep your powder dry!!

Tom

It is a bad idea to put your email address in a WTB add.  Bad people surf web forums like ours looking for this.  Then they search the web and find a picture of what you are looking for and send it to you like they have it for sale.  Once you send the money you never hear from them again.  At least with a PM you stand a chance of knowing if they have a presence on the forum and can see how long they have been a member.  Just my two cents.

Archived