SASS Wire Forum

Another day wasted in lockup.

Did not leave the house today and did not get anything done. These days of no ambition are getting closer together.

At least my Government check came today. Direct deposit. Could not get online until late afternoon as bank website was down.

I drove to the end of the lane to check the mail and nothing from unemployment yet. Probably should have walked but it was a bit cold and farther than I wanted to go. (1/8 mile)

I saw 2 wild turkeys around 2 pm in the back of the field by the house to. About 100 yards from the back door.

I had 11 deer watching me grill Pork Steaks for supper at 6:30, they were about 20 yards out and slowly walked out to the pond (100 yards) in the other field by the time I was done.

The horse were out there with the deer and I think they all were wondering why I did not take them a couple buckets of corn.

Pork Steaks, Green Beans with Bacon, Apple sauce and chocolate cake with Lemonade to drink for supper tonight.

I have to go to town tomorrow for groceries for parents and some stuff for me. Maybe I will get up before noon.:(:angry::(

10 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, it beats being in a hospital, no? ;)

Well, at least I would be surrounded by nurses, ( hopefully good looking ones). I am here alone, no people, no dog,no cat, Just the brothers Horses.

I have been talking to myself and the answers I have been getting are starting to make sense. ( is that a bad sign?)

Brother just called and said he would be over about 5-6am to pick horses, guess I will not be sleeping in tomorrow.

I have a bad habit of watch TV until 2-3am, guess I won't do that tonight.

10 minutes ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

Well, at least I would be surrounded by nurses, ( hopefully good looking ones). I am here alone, no people, no dog,no cat, Just the brothers Horses.

I have been talking to myself and the answers I have been getting are starting to make sense. ( is that a bad sign?)

Brother just called and said he would be over about 5-6am to pick horses, guess I will not be sleeping in tomorrow.

I have a bad habit of watch TV until 2-3am, guess I won't do that tonight.

Ya can’t really tell if the nurses are good looking anymore.

I assume they’re all beautiful.

And I guess they are.

CBB2C719-6652-4396-AF6F-EA3F1134556C.jpeg

I am retired after years of working from home, and both my weight and glucose have gone up since my gym got locked down.
I'm doing hand weights plus walking 2 miles every day, need to get up to 3 (60 minutes).

I need to build some work benches, but apparently Sacramento county is going to start arresting people who are doing "non-essential" stuff.
I encourage those who get arrested to join a class action lawsuit after the smoke clears.
Sue the crap out the local gov't that arrests you.

My daughter shared a FB video. Jogger running on the wet sand on a So. Cal beach. Cop tries to chase him to tell him the beach is closed.

imagine, cop with equipment belt running on dry sand trying to catch a guy who runs every day on wet sand. Never happen.

I am teleworking, and the funny thing is, I'm literally twice as productive from home as I am when working normally at the office!  My kids are tele schooling, too, but Mrs. Cassidy keeps them out of my hair and out of my office during the work day.  

I bet UB has done the wet sand chase, I have and its very difficult with duty gear. Thats where a radio and ATV's come in handy. When you get them its tough to hang on if they are covered in oil or sunblock:D

Bob thats a good looking crew you have there.

Maddog sounds like a nice place to be in your part of Illinois

For this time of year, everything is not too far out of line for me & my wife. Lots of outside work in the flower beds, sprinkler system, her chickens and getting the irrigation system turned on as irrigation water starts Monday the 20th. I have 6 acres to take care of. Only thing is not going to the range and out to my areas shooting prairie dogs. Pretty quiet here in our county, 11 cases and 2 deaths from cv. UB's county just north of me still has no reported cases.

My life really hasn't changed. We live out in the boonies on a cattle ranch. I spent the last two days fixing fence around our bull pasture, should be finished today after I install a rock jack that I built yesterday. Once that's done it's back to cutting firewood for the coming winter. Shooting I do outside my reloading room door...

I’m working from home and my two kids’ teacher. That means I’ve got to get 12+ hours of work done in 8 hours, all with my time machine in the shop. Apparently time machine repair is not essentially. Either way, I don’t have the luxury of being lazy. Someday hopefully. 

Just got done 4 days storm work. Now back to regular 12 hour days LOL. Trees on homes, etc. Essential $ the same as before but grateful we are all employed. 

Most all components have been put together into rounds...just need somewhere to make some dirty brass. 

20 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Talking to yourself is ok, but when you start arguing it can be a problem, and then when you lose the arguments, all is lost.

Uh oh .. .  

I'm working full time at the dealerships now. They have time for me to work on projects now  Only one day a week for the County. Full pay though. Time to go home for supper.

I spent the day cutting and gluing up segmented rings for hollow form vase I designed.  It's my first and I'm teaching myself segmented wood turning off of Youtube videos.  Those guys make it look so easy but I'm discovering that they don't tell you everything.   I still have a pretty good pile of maple and cherry.  Getting low on walnut but I restocked on titebond glue last week.  I can stay busy for a few more weeks.  

1 hour ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Right now, I'm drinking a glass of wine.  When the bottle is empty, I'll switch to whiskey. :-D  What I'm working on is a hangover.

Need any help? I'm overdue for a good hangover.

29 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I'd love some company.

Too much travel time required.  I’d offer ya’ some apple pie, but you’d have the same travel difficulties!

But I raise a glass to you all!!

9 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I spent the day cutting and gluing up segmented rings for hollow form vase I designed.  It's my first and I'm teaching myself segmented wood turning off of Youtube videos.  Those guys make it look so easy but I'm discovering that they don't tell you everything.   I still have a pretty good pile of maple and cherry.  Getting low on walnut but I restocked on titebond glue last week.  I can stay busy for a few more weeks.  

Be careful with sanding CA GLUE MELTS AROUND 145°.  DAMHIKT. and stand out of the way if you do.

4 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Be careful with sanding CA GLUE MELTS AROUND 145°.  DAMHIKT. and stand out of the way if you do.

I only use CA glue to fill cracks with sawdust.  Nothing structural.  That's what Titebond wood glue is for.  Speaking of sanding, the trucking company just called and my new sander is being delivered Monday.  I always wanted a sander with a conveyor belt and a 4" dust port.:D

Archived