SASS Wire Forum

Lawn mowing

Most of the time my wife will say, " Hon, they said it's going to rain tomorrow, Better get the lawn mowed before it does." This week it was  " Hon, they said it's going to snow tomorrow. Better get the lawn mowed before it does."

Temps in the high 60's last week-end. Got the lawn mowed Monday, snowed Tuesday night and temps around 32. forecast 60's again this week-end.

Just saw a news report from Lansing Michigan. Looked like snow and wind. Very Gray.

Not a pretty day for sure. 

Here in Western Washington, we got that pesky sunshine AGAIN. Seems to be a frequent feature around here. 

But despair not. Weather Lady promised we would get some more refreshing rain, later this week. 

I feel like I am drying out. 

Mowed mine short last week of March to bag all the leaves and sticks. Put down my crabgrass preventer/fertilizer that day. Had to mow it three times since in between rains. Snowed today. Mow again next week.

Got the mower battery charged.
I was all set to give the yard a haircut and it rained, again.

I'll mow grass but I'm too lazy to bolt pontoons on the mower so I can make the cut.

Figured to cut grass this morning.

Woke up to snow on the grass.

I realize this is northern Ohio, and I remember seeing pictures of folks mowing grass with snow on ...

I ain't a-gonna do it!

On 4/15/2020 at 4:52 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Are ya startin' to look like this, Badger?  :D

lakebed.jpgIn Missouri that's called flood stage.

Mowed mine Wednesday, rained Thursday, snowed Friday!! 50's and sunny today and tomorrow and then into the 60's which is normal for this time of year.

I expect I'll have a fine crop of sagebrush and tumbleweed by the time I get home. :angry:

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

No photo description available.

Where's the mule to pull that thang??

On 4/15/2020 at 3:52 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Are ya startin' to look like this, Badger?  :D

lakebed.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/04/16/southwest-megadrought-climate-change/

Archived