SASS Wire Forum

Just checked my bank account

Utah Bob #35998

The stimulus checks are in. Carol said how ironic is it that they came in on Tax Day? ;)

Philip, the bass player in my band, just got out of surgery to remove a kidney!  When last we talked, I observed that he was going to extremes to have that pound of flesh removed on tax day!!

I'd appreciate a prayer or two for his recovery!!

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Philip, the bass player in my band, just got out of surgery to remove a kidney!  When last we talked, I observed that he was going to extremes to have that pound of flesh removed on tax day!!

Prayers on the way, Backwater. 

That pound of flesh does sound a bit extreme. :)

Give him my best regards when you see him again. 

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Praying for a fast recovery for Philip 

I haven’t got anything,  I wonder if it’s alphabetical? Friend of mine got hers yesterday. Her last name begins with B.

Got ours today, still waiting for the State tax refund however. They accepted it Feb. 12th and every time we check online it says 7-10 weeks. Every year previous we've gotten it in 2-3 weeks. Maybe they layed off the tax department!

27 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I haven’t got anything,  I wonder if it’s alphabetical? Friend of mine got hers yesterday. Her last name begins with B.

Mine starts with a W

6 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Well, considering there ain't no way in H E double toothpicks that I'm giving the govt my bank account info, I'm waiting for a paper check that I'll just have send back to them in a year.

They may already have mine, I get my SS money sent to my bank. I don't know if the IRS and SS interact but if I have to wait for a check so be it!

I got mine today. The bank website was down most of the day as everybody was checking for their money.

Since I am laid off right now and have not heard back from unemployment on if or when I will get that , it will just sit in the bank for now.

I know it's coming from Uncle Sam, but it reminds me of something my Dad taught me.

Dear Dad

No Mon

No Fun 

Send Some

You Son. 

Check the Credit Unions on Line....Nutin' Honey

Big Jake 1001

2 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Well, considering there ain't no way in H E double toothpicks that I'm giving the govt my bank account info, I'm waiting for a paper check that I'll just have send back to them in a year.

Google has it all anyway.  

Also waiting for a paper check in May.  Can’t go out to spend it so what does the expediency matter?  There has been a sharp decline in classified ads today so others are spending it.

11 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I'd give great odds that they have it already, Doc!

LL

I checked with IRS.gov and they said "Payment Status Not Available". :o

9 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/coronavirus-stimulus-an-indiana-firefighter-got-8point2-million-by-mistake.html

This is why I don’t use direct deposit or automatic withdrawal.  

Probably they thought he had evidence that Vincent Folster didn't commit suicide in Fort Mercy Park.

Will wait till the bank statement comes to check on mine. Then adjust the books. Retired with pension just a freebe. Put some away to pay taxes on it for next year. Because of this virus thing was notified yesterday no COLA this year. $997,000,000 for 2400 retirees in the pension and no COLA of $64 a month average. Sucks

....some got 'em - some didn't - me, in the 'didn't' category. Paper check is fine - it will have DJT's name on it. Will phone deposit and frame it. ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Good thing that Wealth Redistribution arrived!!  My dog needs around $600.00 worth of dental work!!  The dog ain't worth it, but she makes us happy, so next Tuesday we will take her to have it done.  I hate to see a critter suffer and when she caint even chew her favorite treat without yelping, it's time to do somethin'!! 

Archived