SASS Wire Forum

The Eagle has Pooped!

Nickel City Dude

I don't see it as insensitivity. Everything in life is a plus and a minus. Someone will always be going through a hardship. That doesn't mean that no one can enjoy life because we might hurt their feelings.

My wife and I are currently in the best financial shape of our life. My youngest daughter may lose her business. My mother died in November. We gave our daughters extra money from our share. We will likely give our stimulus money to them, too.  That gives me more joy than buying something for myself. Also, we will give money to St. Jude Hospital and Thank the Seals. It this a local organization that raises money for the families of fallen military members. thanktheseals.com/

On 4/16/2020 at 8:43 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

and buy a new gun cart

I’ve gotten some orders like you mentioned and they are much appreciated. It’s hard.... but I’m hanging in!  I’m stubborn that way!  If you do splurge on a new gun cart... you can save 10% at Rugged Gear by using the code BU0770.  It’s good for online orders and will also save you 10% on accessories. 

Can’t wait to be able to redeem all the FREE HUG WITH PURCHASE rain checks I’ve given out!  Thanks for the support!  

Big virtual hugs until real ones are “safe” (I know I’m taking my life in my hands EVERY time I hug my cowboys!:P:wub::ph34r:

Scarlett

On 4/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I'm pretty much in the same position on loaded rounds and brass.  But I always keep one eye open in my sleep, watching for chances to buy primers.  

Sportsmans Warehouse is still having a sale on primers.  I bought some every time I stopped by a nearby Costco until our governor closed gun stores.

On 4/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, Nickel City Dude said:

Just remember that you also need a store receipt dated during the rebate times.  If you buy before or after the specified time period you do not qualify for the rebate.  I don't think the rebate starts until May 1.

It is May 9th.  The receipt must be computer-generated.  Handwritten receipts are rejected.

IF (I'm a doubter) I actually get an electronic deposit, I have a few things to do on my RV and need some 7-1/2 shot.  At my age, there's very little that I need. :P      Perhaps, my grandchildren could use some tiny .22 revolvers.

5 hours ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

It is May 9th.  The receipt must be computer-generated.  Handwritten receipts are rejected.

Thanks for the info on the date.  Also my LGS has been giving me hand written recipts for years and Winchester has always accepted them.

I spent mine on an American made gun.

1848560929_StimulusColt38WCFAApril2020.jpg.40b596f67d6ba33b389e4bee35afc7b1.jpg

From a local business that didn't qualify to get stimulus payment even though he limits the number of customers in the store at one time and he has furloughed his two oldest employees with pay to protect them from exposure.   The stupid virus has actually been an economic enhancement for us. We get our retirement check.   Gas prices are dropping to new lows and we can't go to our favorite cafes.  So... I did the right thing and supported our local toy store.

Now that you boys have spent it all,  the Bill reads that the amount of money that you received will be add to your 2020 tax bill and it will have to be paid back unless your can do some fancy government monkey math to hide it in some deductions.  Sorry to be the one to tell you guys.

"Fancy Government math" never has been a problem. I'm going to buy another safe - been buying lots of guns since covid-19. I'm how Waiting for the new Winchester 405's to be available. 

Wasn't enough to get the rifle I want so it went to the two granddaughter's college funds.

On 4/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

The boss lady saw we got ours so "no gun for me " let's use it for the house! Sure hunny I would much rather buy paint than a gun

Rafe 

I am priviledged to purchase carpet

On 4/18/2020 at 2:13 PM, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

IF (I'm a doubter) I actually get an electronic deposit, I have a few things to do on my RV and need some 7-1/2 shot.  At my age, there's very little that I need. :P      Perhaps, my grandchildren could use some tiny .22 revolvers.

Got my 2 month old grand daughter a pair

IMG_5696.thumb.jpg.e07abf01abc7a08d8e6bcc3970d9148a.jpg

Then a new Henry

p14689879885901300.jpg

Then chopped and lightened stock on an old CVA 410...She's ready for next month.

IMG_6107.jpg

I already have 2 .22 Rugers,  20 gauge double and a hammered .410 double plus leather gear.

i bought my grandkids guns when they were born , been working on them to join me ever since , hope i live long enough to share this with them , otherwise i got a lot of buckaroo/buckerete firearms to sell to those lucky enough to get to do it 

Archived