SASS Wire Forum

The Eagle has Pooped!

Nickel City Dude

When my father, a WW2 veteran was alive every time he got his Social Security check he would say “The Eagle Has S$$T!  I received my stimulus check today and am now looking at that new gun I have had my eye on!

Mine is already collecting .001% interest.

:o

Gonna do some great shopping in 2678 years when this turns into $2400.00.

:D

My wife told me she was going shopping. I said, "Oh, did we get our stimulus check?" As she walked out the door, she gave me a little smile and said, "Nope."

40 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Winchester AA's? And you getting the rebate, too?

3 cases of Winchester AA and 3 of Remington STS.  I'll probably buy 2 more cases of Winchester to maximize the rebate, but the bill was already right at $500 and I didn't want Sharyn's hair to catch on fire. 

If we get one, I plan on giving it to the Church, if the bookkeeper will okay it.

MG

5 hours ago, Nickel City Dude said:

When my father, a WW2 veteran was alive every time he got his Social Security check he would say “The Eagle Has S$$T!  I received my stimulus check today and am now looking at that new gun I have had my eye on!

Whatcha gonna git?

I got a double poop I also got my tax refund.

2 hours ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Winchester AA's? And you getting the rebate, too?

Just remember that you also need a store receipt dated during the rebate times.  If you buy before or after the specified time period you do not qualify for the rebate.  I don't think the rebate starts until May 1.

11 minutes ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

The boss lady saw we got ours so "no gun for me " let's use it for the house! Sure hunny I would much rather buy paint than a gun

Rafe 

Split the difference. 

image.jpeg.d7efcc66094ec7d56b73e0c5dd30da8c.jpeg

Now what color do you want your house to be? 

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=paintball+ammo&i=sporting&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

3 cases of Winchester AA and 3 of Remington STS.  I'll probably buy 2 more cases of Winchester to maximize the rebate, but the bill was already right at $500 and I didn't want Sharyn's hair to catch on fire. 

I'm not worried about my wife's hair catching on fire. It's the snakes that pop out to replace it that worry me!

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Split the difference. 

image.jpeg.d7efcc66094ec7d56b73e0c5dd30da8c.jpeg

Now what color do you want your house to be? 

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=paintball+ammo&i=sporting&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Boy if I tried to pull that off I would wake up covered in welts and paint 

Rafe 

With some folks recently posting here on the Wire about losing their jobs, I am surprised by the insensitivity of the new toy parade in this thread.  Wasn't the intent of the stimulus gifts to enable people to make rent, mortgage and other essential or obligatory payments, while they are laid off work?  At least that is what Congress told everyone. 

Our government is going into serious debt to do this stimulus, and the only ways it really has to slowly pay down the debt is through taxation or bond sales, both of which end up long-term hurting every productive individual and business.  And while the debt is yet unsettled, that means some other country or entity owns a part of our productivity and receives its benefits.   

That is pretty discomforting to me. 

I understand that purchases like the ones described here cause money to flow into the economy, which is beneficial -- at least to the extent the goods purchased are 100% American made without offshore produced parts, (which unfortunately, is pretty rare these days).   I'd like to think 100% of the stimulus checks would find their way into the AMERICAN economy. 

I sincerely hope that through the discretionary purchases described here,  the  economy does actually recover, unemployment decreases, and this President can be re-elected.  Failing that, I fear for our future rights, including 2A, at the hands of Democrat leadership and  foreign creditors.  

Just my $0.25 worth. 

7 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

With some folks recently posting here on the Wire about losing their jobs, I am surprised by the insensitivity of the new toy parade in this thread.  Wasn't the intent of the stimulus gifts to enable people to make rent, mortgage and other essential or obligatory payments, while they are laid off work?  At least that is what Congress told everyone. 

Our government is going into serious debt to do this stimulus, and the only ways it really has to slowly pay down the debt is through taxation or bond sales, both of which end up long-term hurting every productive individual and business.  And while the debt is yet unsettled, that means some other country or entity owns a part of our productivity and receives its benefits.   

That is pretty discomforting to me. 

I understand that purchases like the ones described here cause money to flow into the economy, which is beneficial -- at least to the extent the goods purchased are 100% American made without offshore produced parts, (which unfortunately, is pretty rare these days).   I'd like to think 100% of the stimulus checks would find their way into the AMERICAN economy. 

I sincerely hope that through the discretionary purchases described here,  the  economy does actually recover, unemployment decreases, and this President can be re-elected.  Failing that, I fear for our future rights, including 2A, at the hands of Democrat leadership and  foreign creditors.  

Just my $0.25 worth. 

Are you serious Mrs. Grundy, excuse me, I mean Dale?  Insensitivity?  A toy 'parade' that consists of one guy saying he's working on a scorpion, one guy saying he's buying a new gun, and me buying a few cases of shotgun ammo?  A parade of toys?  What better way to spend the stimulus money than to support industries we believe in?

I examined my cyber check from all angles and nowhere did it place any limitations on what I spend the money on.  I was thinking about a half-sleeve tattoo, but the wife's hair on fire possibility came up and I thought better of it.

On a more upbeat and less hen pecking note I did order some stuff from a couple of local cowboy vendors.  I didn't really need any of it, but it occurred to me that they could probably use the business.  I ordered, paid, and told them not to worry about shipping I would pick it up when things get back to normal.  

I encourage all SASS members to consider purchasing something, however small, from a cowboy vendor.  A new wild rag, some nice shirts, maybe that screw knife you've always wanted. 

Heck I may splurge and buy a new gun cart. 

Funny you should mention buying stuff from cowboy vendors.  I've talked to a couple of vendors recently and they've all said that sales of reloading supplies have gone way up.  I guess we're all reloading, getting ready, and dreaming of spittin' lead.

Just now, Tequila Shooter said:

Funny you should mention buying stuff from cowboy vendors.  I've talked to a couple of vendors recently and they've all said that sales of reloading supplies have gone way up.  I guess we're all reloading, getting ready, and dreaming of spittin' lead.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my time when I load that last .38 case, which won't be long.  I think I've caught all the bass in Swan Lake and released them.  They're looking at my lures with the side-eye now. 

Almost all the .38 and .32 ammo is loaded, lots of makings are set back.  All guns cleaned and put away., I'm ready to shoot.  I've been hoping that May will be the month we can start back.  

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Are you serious Mrs. Grundy, excuse me, I mean Dale?  Insensitivity?  A toy 'parade' that consists of one guy saying he's working on a scorpion, one guy saying he's buying a new gun, and me buying a few cases of shotgun ammo?  A parade of toys?  What better way to spend the stimulus money than to support industries we believe in?

I examined my cyber check from all angles and nowhere did it place any limitations on what I spend the money on.  I was thinking about a half-sleeve tattoo, but the wife's hair on fire possibility came up and I thought better of it.

On a more upbeat and less hen pecking note I did order some stuff from a couple of local cowboy vendors.  I didn't really need any of it, but it occurred to me that they could probably use the business.  I ordered, paid, and told them not to worry about shipping I would pick it up when things get back to normal.  

I encourage all SASS members to consider purchasing something, however small, from a cowboy vendor.  A new wild rag, some nice shirts, maybe that screw knife you've always wanted. 

Heck I may splurge and buy a new gun cart. 

"I encourage all SASS members to consider purchasing something, however small, from a cowboy vendor.  A new wild rag, some nice shirts, maybe that screw knife you've always wanted." - CBB

I agree with you about making focused purchases directed to individual businesses that we wish to benefit (please, only American made products and American businesses, and preferentially, those who have employees to sustain),  but I guess I'd rather have seen the U. S. A. incur half as much debt and direct the payments more carefully to those who have actually experienced impacts of job loss or layoff.  As it turned out, it looks like just a huge money giveaway.   It appears more election-focused, than economy or individual impact-focused.  They just threw money at the problems and hoped $2+ Trillion in added commerce would speed things back on track before the November elections.  

It's going to take a lot of added taxation, etc., to pay off a $2+Trillion debt.  And I never like to see our Country indebt itself to other nations, which cheapens our dollar internationally and allows other countries to leverage us.  (Already Chinese businesses  own 22% of our real estate, 16% of our businesses, and over 40% of our bonds.)

I don't blame individual folks for spending the money however they see fit.  You are right that it came without any restrictions (verification of uses would have consumed more than half of the allocated money's).  But my original point was that I probably wouldn't have posted/flaunted my new toys here, where I know some folks have actually experienced job loss and don't have so many options how to use their money.  You're free to disagree.  

DDD

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I spent ahead of time , Mernickle is running a deal on their HP series holsters where you get the whole set up . 
I don’t know how all of this is affecting their sales but I saw on FB yesterday they are also offering a starter set up for $300 

for people wanting to spend a little less . Looked like a good value 

17 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I probably wouldn't have posted/flaunted my new toys here, where I know some folks have actually experienced job loss and don't have so many options how to use their money. 

DDD

I actually agree with this statement, but, I also wouldn't have drawn MORE attention to those folks in an attempt to shame them.

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I don't know what I'm going to do with my time when I load that last .38 case, which won't be long.  I think I've caught all the bass in Swan Lake and released them.  They're looking at my lures with the side-eye now. 

Almost all the .38 and .32 ammo is loaded, lots of makings are set back.  All guns cleaned and put away., I'm ready to shoot.  I've been hoping that May will be the month we can start back.  

The solution to your brass end-point is to think ahead - - - - Starline.  They're still open and filling orders.  And a new box of brass is always a good way to fix a mediocre day. 

And as the younger, dumber bass get educated, their hesitancy opens the way through them to the big ones that always are harder to catch.  

I haven't fished in several years, but your recent photos got my juices flowing there again.  Thx. 

54 minutes ago, LostVaquero said:

I checked the IRS web tool, it told me more or less I did not exist.  Well guess do not have to paybtaxes anymore then.

I'm in the same boat.  Either I pay too much in taxes, and so (rightly) don't qualify for the stimulus, or they can't electronically find me because I don't e-file.  

9 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

The solution to your brass end-point is to think ahead - - - - Starline.  They're still open and filling orders.  And a new box of brass is always a good way to fix a mediocre day. 

And as the younger, dumber bass get educated, their hesitancy opens the way through them to the big ones that always are harder to catch.  

I haven't fished in several years, but your recent photos got my juices flowing there again.  Thx. 

I purchase my .32 H&R from Starline, at .16 a piece it ain't cheap. 

I purchase my .38 special from Nereloading.com at .035 a piece it's very cheap.

With about 12,000 rounds loaded I find I'm not much interested in purchasing more brass. 

FWIW, I put ours in the kid's savings account/college fund, same thing I have done with all our tax refunds for the last 18 years, when our daughter was born. Too difficult to save money for this otherwise. But I don't fault anyone for buying any kind of firearm related item. It's your money, and if you don't need it for living expenses, good for you. Better than putting it in the bank and earning almost nothing, and doesn't help anyone's economy except the bank's.

12 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Wasn't the intent of the stimulus gifts to enable people to make rent, mortgage and other essential or obligatory payments, while they are laid off work?  At least that is what Congress told everyone.

No I don't think so.  In fact the government has encouraged everyone to offer some leniency on rents, mortgages, and utility bills.  As I heard it, these checks were specifically meant to be spent  at businesses to keep them from having to close.  That's why it went to everyone including people who still have jobs.  Unemployment is intended to help people who lost their jobs and congress has passed some reforms to increase that too. 

The only people who could be said to be misusing the stimulus are those putting it into savings, but I can't really blame them. 

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I actually agree with this statement, but, I also wouldn't have drawn MORE attention to those folks in an attempt to shame them.

Fair enough.  And I apologize if I did that.  I had the opposite intent.  

I'd just like to see the productive people getting the maximum help that is rightfully available to them during these tough circumstances.   Nobody could have planned for this level of effect.  

(Contrast those intended benefits to CA  Governor Nuisance yesterday giving $500 of the stimulus money, intended for productive U. S. citizens, to every illegal alien resident.) 

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

No I don't think so.  In fact the government has encouraged everyone to offer some leniency on rents, mortgages, and utility bills.  As I heard it, these checks were specifically meant to be spent  at businesses to keep them from having to close.  That's why it went to everyone including people who still have jobs.  Unemployment is intended to help people who lost their jobs and congress has passed some reforms to increase that too. 

The only people who could be said to be misusing the stimulus are those putting it into savings, but I can't really blame them. 

We agree on the intent, as long as the purchases are directed to American products and labor.  I fear many will not be.  

Re: savings, keep in mind that savings accounts don't just sit in bank safes.  The banks invest those dollars, via loans and direct investment in companies who hire people and make products.  So saving the stimulus dollars isn't much different to spending it - - certainly not a misuse of the stimulus.  

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I purchase my .32 H&R from Starline, at .16 a piece it ain't cheap. 

I purchase my .38 special from Nereloading.com at .035 a piece it's very cheap.

With about 12,000 rounds loaded I find I'm not much interested in purchasing more brass. 

I'm pretty much in the same position on loaded rounds and brass.  But I always keep one eye open in my sleep, watching for chances to buy primers.  

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill Mathewson, 37826 said:

One should only buy American made guns and ammo.

Buy Italian made guns from Cimarron at Texas Jacks and you'll help stimulate an American small business in a small Texas town.

;)

Reinvesting into and expanding of the family farm.

We bought some additional fruit trees for the orchard and expanded the irrigation lines. We need a new incubator for the turkey, chickens, and ducks as well.  I'm going to the sale barn tomorrow and look at additional livestock. The barn needs a paint job too so I'll spend a little on that. Maybe an implement for the tractor or a replacement welder?

Other than that, we bought a male wolf/husky for our female husky.

Paid to have trees trimmed and dead trees removed, back and knees won't let me do these things. Bought primers and bullets ordered parts to get one of my pistols back in working order ( boss won't let me replace it) . Put the rest in savings for a just in case fund. Trying to help small businesses out.

Rafe

Archived