SASS Wire Forum

Forgot how weird spaghetti westerns are!

Clay Mosby

Just rewatched "My name is Nobody" for the first time in decades. I had forgotten how strange Sergio Leone's take on a western was. It was entertaining, especially since I had forgotten how it ends. Thousands of times better than "Once upon a Time in the West". My gawd was that an awful movie!!

Howdy,

I know how to make em even more weird.

We can add smartphones and have em riding and texting.

or maybe it would just be soooo funny....

Best

CR

Well, one thing that came out good.  The music. 

And Susanna Ragacci...goodness...that lady can sing without singing a word.

The first part of the video is music "Once Upon a Time in the West," and at about 6:40, "The Ecstasy of Gold" from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.   Susanna Ragacci does the lead vocal in both.  Did I say she can sing?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Susanna+Rigacci+-+Once+Upon+a+Time+in+The+West+Ennio+Morricone+2002+Arena+Concert+1&&view=detail&mid=AB8C431F9D6031BD81BAAB8C431F9D6031BD81BA&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DSusanna%20Rigacci%20-%20Once%20Upon%20a%20Time%20in%20The%20West%20Ennio%20Morricone%202002%20Arena%20Concert%201%26qs%3Dn%26form%3DQBVDMH%26sp%3D-1%26pq%3Dscotland%20the%20brave%20lyrics%26sc%3D6-25%26sk%3D%26cvid%3D4E2CB2ABAD4240028B77DA827C1C3067

2 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

if you want to take that weird to a new high (or low), check out this Japanese spaghetti western.

MV5BMTIzMzkxNzMzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ3NDE4MQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Guess I'll be watching this tonight.

Got nothing to do, and nowhere to go anyway.

Weird? Waste two hours of your life and watch the western Cry Onion.

Lots of weird stuff in westerns. When you see a wagon or buggy wheel fall off when they are going forward. Can't happen. Left wheel nuts are left hand, right wheel is right hand. They only loosen if you back up too much.

Speaking of not being able to get several hours of your life back, and it's not even a spaghetti western: try Hateful 8. That movie was so bad I kept watching thinking it had to get better...

On 4/14/2020 at 5:27 PM, Clay Mosby said:

Just rewatched "My name is Nobody" for the first time in decades. I had forgotten how strange Sergio Leone's take on a western was. It was entertaining, especially since I had forgotten how it ends. Thousands of times better than "Once upon a Time in the West". My gawd was that an awful movie!!

Hate to tell you, but My Name is Nobody is NOT a Sergio Leone movie. He had something to do with the story, but he did not direct it. Sergio Corbucci, i think.

You are correct Sir. It was Tonino Valerii, Leone was credited with coming up with the idea.  In my defense I was watching it on my phone and wasn't really paying attention to the opening credits and happened to see Sergio Leone's name.

Archived