SASS Wire Forum

SPF reduced: HJS Brownsville TX "Frontier Four" derringer .22lr

LQ Jones

Four shot .22lr derringer with rotating firing pin & sliding breech similar to the Sharps pepperboxes, but stainless & safe with modern ammunition. Good condition, fully functional, no box - 1990s. Fun little "noisy cricket".

SPF to Brazos John .Thanks for looking, LQ

IMG_20200413_205837228.jpg

IMG_20200413_205826140.jpg

IMG_20200413_205734403.jpg

IMG_20200413_210811632.jpg

Pm sent. Very interested. 

Nice little guns.  I have one and carry rat shot in it.  Remember when they came out.  Chuck F was involved in company, then in Brownsville.  I knew Chuck as he was a good IHMSA shooter.  Anyway, company was showing at a SHOT show (probably their first and around '91) and I bought one (#12XX).  No troubles with it.  Neat design and their history is rather interesting.

How you doing LQ?  Long time.

1 hour ago, LQ Jones said:

So far so good. Hope you and yours are doing great !!

LQ

Just noticed your SASS #, probably not the LQ I remember from many years ago.  

1 hour ago, Coho said:

I've got one of the original Sharps. (1862 I believe). Only shoots .22 short. Will yours shoot LR?

Oops, I see you have as doing so. Never mind

Yours is the real deal, ours the HJS  "semi"-replica.  

Howdy, El Q,

Now, I don't want to cut in line, but since it looks like nobody else is pulling the trigger on this little "noisy cricket", I'll take it for $350 shipped.

I have to make arrangements with an FFL, since I don't know who's still open in this craziness.

I'll PM you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Brazos John

Thanks Brazos John!  You just saved me 350!  Enjoy the pistol. I’ll get one one of these days. This was just not a good time to drop 350 on a gun. ( just spent 10K on a new central AC unit) 

13 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Thanks Brazos John!  You just saved me 350!  Enjoy the pistol. I’ll get one one of these days. This was just not a good time to drop 350 on a gun. ( just spent 10K on a new central AC unit) 

Glad to help a cool cowboy, Hoss!

You certainly need AC down on the Texas Riviera. The constant breeze is great until it gets hot enough to melt asphalt - like in June!

The last time I was down that way was to stay on the Lexington with my son with Boy Scouts.

They had a special program on the Blue Ghost, since it was Sunday morning, December 7th.

Good memories.

Since then, my son Eagled, and joined the Air Force. He's a Senior Airman now, and will be guiding the boom for aerial refueling. I couldn't be prouder.

Hope to see you down the trail, or maybe out on Padre.

Brazos John

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

Just had to get a new furnace myself, hence the sales. Everything for a reason:rolleyes:

LQ

Archived