SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN 2020 (NEW VENUE)***UPDATE 10/3/20***

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

I got a email from Beans asking if we want to be in age based Classic Cowboys, so I said sign me up for Senior Classic Cowboy, how are the rest of the shooters doing on age based???

I am 65 so yes I'm signed up for Senior CC.  :D Could be SSCC if they had such a Category. :P  But I am also shooting smokie stuff in the showdown BP sub category. :ph34r:

59 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I am 65 so yes I'm signed up for Senior CC.  :D Could be SSCC if they had such a Category. :P  But I am also shooting smokie stuff in the showdown BP sub category. :ph34r:

They are offering Silver Senior and Elder Statesman Classic Cowboy according to the mail I got from Beans....

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

A few more days to go before the Showdown!  You all ready!!?  

I sure am looking forward to it!

See you all at Parker, Ks

My car is still partially packed from my matches this last weekend and I will complete the packing tonight and leave first thing in the morning to head to Garnett.  Look forward to seeing everyone on Friday sometime at the range and of course for the CC Dinner Friday night at the Trade Winds in Garnett.

Classic amounts of fun start Friday!!!!!

:D

Bring yore Henrys, y'all!

48 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Classic amounts of fun start Friday!!!!!

Bring yore Henrys, y'all!

My Henry is a 44-40 and I have no loads for it.

9 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Either myself or Major can hook you up. Smokeless or BP.

32 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

If you would like to shoot it in a side match.. I have 44-40 loaded with a 200grn bullet over 6 grns of Trail Boss or 2.2cc of Goex 2f

3 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

If you would like to shoot it in a side match.. I have 44-40 loaded with a 200grn bullet over 6 grns of Trail Boss or 2.2cc of Goex 2f

Oh so you are having a CC side match with the Henry's?? That would be cool as I have never shot live ammo out of this rifle although I have had it for a LONG time.  I have only shot black power blank rounds out of it in 2015 when I participated in the 150th Battle of Selma AL with my Venture Crew.  I wanted to use the Henry so I played a trooper instead of an officer.

Trooper.JPG

31 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Oh so you are having a CC side match with the Henry's?? That would be cool as I have never shot live ammo out of this rifle although I have had it for a LONG time.  I have only shot black power blank rounds out of it in 2015 when I participated in the 150th Battle of Selma AL with my Venture Crew.  I wanted to use the Henry so I played a trooper instead of an officer.

Trooper.JPG

Yep... Hoping to do something with the rifle actually loaded up with a full magazine.

12 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Gonna miss the Henry side match, dang it! :(

see y’all on Saturday!

Slim

You need to come to the CC dinner Friday night!!!

Asa

1 hour ago, Asa Smith said:

Slim

You need to come to the CC dinner Friday night!!!

Asa

Slim,

What Asa said.

17 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Trooper.JPG

Second one from the right looks like Eve Baxter from Last Man Standing!!!

4 hours ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

Looks like I'm having to cancel, wife has to come in and get tested for COVID and it's going to take 72 hours to get the results back, I'm bummed...

That sucks... But You gotta do what ya gotta do pard.

Well the Classic Cowboy Showdown for 2020 is in the history books!   What a great time we had shooting at Border Wars at Parker, Ks with the Free State Rangers! This club went above and beyond hosting the Showdown in conjunction with their annual match.  Thank you to all of the crew! Beans and Cornbread... You two are the best!

23 Classics turned out to battle it out for a few days.  7 of those shooting Black Powder!  

Thank you to all those that pitched in this year with additional awards and prizes...  Dantankerous, 3 Shot Shamrock, Pony Soldier, and Crooked Creek.  Thank You all!

IMG_20201018_133335713_HDR.thumb.jpg.cabcc87964459451cdce594f532e8a85.jpg

Winners this year: Left to Right in photo below

IMG_20201018_133446198_HDR.thumb.jpg.937acc962797d66627ab2c5a56f325d5.jpg

High Plains Hud 3rd - Concho

3 Shot Shamrock 2nd - Concho

Mo No Name - 1st - Buckle

Dantankerous - 1st Black Powder Buckle

Asa Smith Winner of The "Black Powder" Whiskey

Kansas Reb Winner of Custom Loading Strip

Top Ten Classics Overall Laser Engraved Plaques:

10 - Major Art Tillery (BP)

9 - Cowtown Scout (BP)

8 - Dantankerous (BP)

7 - Shady Willie Brown

6 - Sasparilla Groz

5 - Pit Mule

4 - Pony Soldier

3 - High Plains Hud

2 - 3 Shot Shamrock

1 - Mo No Name

And if you look at the cute little gal front row left side standing by that big gullut .:D Thats Boss Shamrock Classical Cowgirl of the Year. Shot the match Black Powder !!

Congrats. And Congrats to everyone!! Ditto what Major said! Ok 2021 here we come!:D

Congratulations to all the winnwers. It was a great match, had a great time. Thanks to Beans and Cornbread for all their hard work.

Irish Tom.

Great location,  great stages, wonderful people, fun shooting. :D

Also looks to be a fantastic place to camp for the match.

Beans and Cornbread did onehellofafinejob! :D

22 hours ago, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

And if you look at the cute little gal front row left side standing by that big gullut .:D Thats Boss Shamrock Classical Cowgirl of the Year. Shot the match Black Powder !!

Congrats. And Congrats to everyone!! Ditto what Major said! Ok 2021 here we come!:D

Boss Shamrock, she is awesome!  Has to be to put up with 3 Shot... :lol:

Archived