SASS Wire Forum

Moderators and Administrators

Pat Riot

Question: I know that SASS has a service that provides the Wire and that service includes the Wire layout, support and maintenance. But, is there any way to update or modify the Emojis to include the flags of the SASS members that do not live in the USA?

We have quite a few Canadian and Australian members that frequent the Wire daily. I think it would be nice that their country’s flags are also represented on our forum. 

Kind regards,

Pat Riot

Also Italians, French, German, Polish, Kiwis, and others.

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Why would you want to single them out??  Location is already an optional entry.:rolleyes:

Did you not read my entire post?

It wasn’t about “location”, it was regarding the emoji flags like this one: :FlagAm:

19 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

They also have the french battle flag.  See below

Now, Now! If it wasn’t for the French we’d be under Britain’s rule and we’d be speaking English...Oh, wait....

I'm on a 'traditional outdoorsmanship' board that has a small national flag shown in each name and info entry that appears, as here, at the left column of every post.

We have many nations, European, Brit, the Antipodes, Italy, on and on. It's a nice feature. People can opt out if they like.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Now, Now! If it wasn’t for the French we’d be under Britain’s rule and we’d be speaking English...Oh, wait....

Well you were half right atleast. :P :)

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

As an American midwesterner, I've known a good number of Englishmen over the years, and I've yet to have one accuse me or any of my fellow Americans of speaking English. 

Just now, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

The founding fathers did debate whether it should be English or German.

Yep! Thank God it wasn’t German!

Of course, if it had been I would probably be saying;

Gott sei Dank war es kein Englisch!

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Question: I know that SASS has a service that provides the Wire and that service includes the Wire layout, support and maintenance. But, is there any way to update or modify the Emojis to include the flags of the SASS members that do not live in the USA?

We have quite a few Canadian and Australian members that frequent the Wire daily. I think it would be nice that their country’s flags are also represented on our forum. 

Kind regards,

Pat Riot

I wonder why the members from other countries have not asked this yet. Maybe they have and the moderators/administrators are working on it? I think adding emoji's flags would be a pretty easy thing to do, then again maybe not.:o

20 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Kind regards,

Pat Riot

I second the motion.....Carried ...Great idea Pat

19 hours ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

I want every flag known to man! Lol.

Not the Communist Chinese flag!!!!

AND... lets not leave out our Military flags for Navy, Marines, Army, Air Force and Coast Guard.

Many of our shooting pards are Vets and would be proud to show their flag.

..........Widder

13 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I wonder why the members from other countries have not asked this yet. Maybe they have and the moderators/administrators are working on it? I think adding emoji's flags would be a pretty easy thing to do, then again maybe not.:o

It has been mentioned.

22 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

So if the British had lost to the French, and then the French had lost to the Nazis, then we'd all be wishing each other a Guten Morgen????  It's probably a good thing we stepped in when we did!:FlagAm:

Archived