SASS Wire Forum

In case you were wondering about ultraviolet light

Utah Bob #35998

No, the UV flashlight you use to check for bedbugs in the hotel won’t kill the Covid virus. I’ve seen ultraviolet lamps to keep you safe advertised on the inter web. Some of them are sold out. There’s one born every minute.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200327-can-you-kill-coronavirus-with-uv-light

Some one told me that if you drink a corona  beer every day you wont get the virus. I think if one beer a day is good, why not 3 coronas a day and be extra  protected?

The same person told me that if we wash our hands with alcohol based cleaner to kill the virus, it would work the same on the inside of our body. Not the cleaner but a brand name alcohol like Crown or Jim Beam. To my limited medical training it seems to make sense. By now Im probably the healthiest hombre in Amarillo/

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

We’ve put a lava lamp and incense in every room of the house.

That only works if you walked counterclockwise and put them out at the time of the high tide on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th nights after the full moon.

4 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

I’m looking for a voodoo witch dr to put spell on my house for protection 

We used to keep a very dead looking rubber chicken hanging in front of a very troublesome secondary radar (MODE S), you know, used as Mojo.  Well I have never been superstitious but I swear the damn thing worked.  Then  we got a new boss who once he saw it  made us get rid of it!  Shortly after that Miami became known as a trouble spot with the MODE S. Couldn't go more than a week without problems.

We took care of that by stashing a bottle of scotch and cigars in one of our lockers.........................:ph34r: 

(Santeria is big in South Florida, He, He, He)

1 hour ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

We used to keep a very dead looking rubber chicken hanging in front of a very troublesome secondary radar (MODE S), you know, used as Mojo.  Well I have never been superstitious but I swear the damn thing worked.  Then  we got a new boss who once he saw it  made us get rid of it!  Shortly after that Miami became known as a trouble spot with the MODE S. Couldn't go more than a week without problems.

We took care of that by stashing a bottle of scotch and cigars in one of our lockers.........................:ph34r: 

(Santeria is big in South Florida, He, He, He)

Had a Santeria priest go into a trance and put a hex on me while I was writing him a citation. His nephew was there and told me there was no telling how long he would be like that. I told him if his uncle Jose didn’t sign the citation he was going to jail. He put the pen I;his uncles had and miraculously it got signed. :D

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Had a Santeria priest go into a trance and put a hex on me while I was writing him a citation. His nephew was there and told me there was no telling how long he would be like that. I told him if his uncle Jose didn’t sign the citation he was going to jail. He put the pen I;his uncles had and miraculously it got signed. :D

We had (probably still there) a Haitian fellow in the Nav/Com Unit.  Clean cut, very polite and friendly kid.  One of the guys once approached him about Voodoo.  His demeanor suddenly got very serious and nervous and started saying how true this stuff is, which was weird because I am talking about a very Catholic and family oriented young man.  That stuff had been bred into him since birth and there was no dissuading him.  He really swore by it!  Ole Papa Doc really had them by the !@#$%^&&s in Haiti.

UV light will kill viruses. Trouble is the UV needed to kill viruses ON humans is not healthy for other reasons...like damage to eyesight and skin cancer...other than that it can work. 

We use UV light in our wastewater treatment plants. It works but it has to be in the correct wavelength and detention time. Not good for humans at all. 

1 hour ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

We don't need any of this witchcraft.  Kenneth Copeland already took care of it:  

Our last best hope. TV preachers. :lol::lol:

33 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm unapologetically Christian.  But Kenneth Copeland and people like him are charlatans preying on the unintelligent to get their money.  The dude owns a mansion and an airplane for Pete's sake, and his ministry is named after himself.  If you name your ministry after yourself, you're probably highly concerned with yourself.  

On the lighter side this is interesting with the UV light. Back in 1977 my first wife had to go on peritoneal dialysis. This is a type of dialysis where you can do it anywhere you want. Home along with a trip to Disney World. Anyway, the patient has a connection tube inserted into the kidney and outside the body. You feed an IV bag of solution into this tube. Now there is a transfer catheter on both the IV bag and the tube connected to the body. If you connect these catheter's together without sterilizing you will end up in the hospital. So, a special connector is used that has a UV light. You insert both ends of the catheter's in the center of the machine. When you close the compartment the UV light comes on. You pull a handle to connect and the UV light will kill 99.9% of the germs and bugs.

It would be dangerous to expose flesh/eyes to the UV light. As said this was back in 77 so hopefully by now they have discovered how to control the power of the UV light system so that it could be used on flesh. Or at least clothing/objects. Would be interesting.

I got a sure thing for the virus. I just manage to walk into each room and flatulate quite loudly.

So far it is working at keeping ole COVID 19 at bay. My wife is not too happy, but what the heck. 

One can never be too careful. 

13 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I got a sure thing for the virus. I just manage to walk into each room and flatulate quite loudly.

So far it is working at keeping ole COVID 19 at bay. My wife is not too happy, but what the heck. 

Hope your supply of beans holds out! LOL

13 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

You're supposed to use a lighter in conjunction with the flatulate. Covid 19 doesn't like fire, let alone flaming flatulence.

I am using an old Finnish method to control Corvi-19.  Lots of fish, primarily Campbell Cream of Lutefisk, followed by a couple of beer and brandy beverages,  with an onion samwich and those Corvid-19 germs, well, they go somewhere else.  Wife and dog did too.  Very quiet in the house.   I like that a lot.

STL Suomi

23 minutes ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

I am using an old Finnish method to control Corvi-19.  Lots of fish, primarily Campbell Cream of Lutefisk, followed by a couple of beer and brandy beverages,  with an onion samwich and those Corvid-19 germs, well, they go somewhere else.  Wife and dog did too.  Very quiet in the house.   I like that a lot.

STL Suomi

No cabbage?

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

No cabbage?

Not yet.  This is breakfast.  Lunch we will have cabbage fried with glorious onions. YUM-OO And if lucky burbot pie.

STL Suomi

St Louis Suomi, thank you for that trigger!

A memory just floated to the surface!

Mama used to make sliced onion and cheese sandwiches with mustard, and as I recall, they were really good!

(Back when I was yet a child ... hell, she could have sliced hemlock branches on toast and I'd have eaten it!)

4 hours ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

STL Suomi

Hmmm...maybe it's time for this Scotsman to break out the canned haggis.  No kidding, I keep a can in the pantry.

On 4/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Bob, using a UV flashlight is silly.  :lol:

I'm wearing an Aluminum Foil hat that I made myself to keep the virus away.  So far it's working. ^_^

So is it a plainsman, gambler, or a Gus hat,  inquiring minds want to know.

9 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

canned haggis.  No kidding, I keep a can in the pantry.

Good place for it.

18 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

I've been burning a sage smudge every few days and walking through the house while doing so.  I chant the lyrics to Southern Rock songs as I do so.  Seems to be working.  I feel the best I have in 4-5 months.

That’s not sage. :P

On 4/12/2020 at 10:48 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Somebody needs to tell this facially reconstructed,  uneducated, non -scientific dipshit that he is the epitome of COvid transition with his "wind of God".

Archived