SASS Wire Forum

BP question

Any BP works well for pistol & shotgun.

It will probably be fine for your rifle too, since target distances are so short.

I would not do any long range shooting with it though.

I realize you are looking from feedback from folks who use it.

While, I have none currently in my shed, I have used it in the past, and I have used other powder that falls in the "not so great" class, so I feel qualified to answer your question.

Again, for the short-range shooting we do, the quality & consistency of the burn is not as important as it is for longer range shooting or hunting. 

--Dawg

I use reenactor for all shotgun loads. I use 2F for rifle and pistol, but I'm sure reenactor would be fine in those as well. Just haven't run out of 2F to try it. The larger coarser granules are not that different in appearance. Compression when seating bullet will take care of that. 

I use it all the time in my shotgun(s), but have let myself run low on FFFg/FFg and used it for rifle and pistol with no ill effect. That said I now make sure to have plenty of FFg on hand.

11 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

WC, you were shooting 45 Colt, correct? 

Was there any difference in the 'push' of the recoil?

Great video :excl:

OLG 

44WCF.   The recoil was about the same.   If I'd guess, I'd have to say the BlackMZ loads had sharper recoil.

It's more comparable to goex cartridge. Similar grainuale size to 1.5Fg. I have used it a few times and still have some on the shelf. For plinking and CAS it's fine. Probably better than fine honestly. Before they switched to goex the recoil and fps was extremely close to elephant ffg. I haven't tested any since they started getting it from goex. I have some of it but my chronograph committed suicide. 

Archived