SASS Wire Forum

This is an amazing video - it applies to all of us.

Too Tall Bob

A friend sent this to me. If you have seen it - good!  If not, give it a view and turn up the volume. 

When I look out the kitchen window ,

I dont see him .

When I go in the bathroom he is looking at me threw that shiny window ! 

Good health is the key to keeping the old man out.  And, a shot of stubborn determination.

Oh yeah,  I'm just 10-year-old kid trapped in a 73-year-old body.  Wanna see my little toy soldiers and real cowboy guns that shoot real bullets?

14 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

When I look out the kitchen window ,

I dont see him .

When I go in the bathroom he is looking at me threw that shiny window ! 

Yeah! But maybe I can keep him trapped on the other side of the mirror!  I have told my doctors that, although I never flew one, I understand the Air Force is going to keep the B-52's going until 2050 before they retire them.  I want to see that, and I'll be 108!  But that's only ten years longer than both my parents lived! B)

When I had cancer for the second time at 54, I was told I had 1 in 10 chance to live 5 years. A few years back when I reached 20 years cancer free, my Oncologist told me that when I get up every morning and look in the mirror, I was looking at the ONE. I told me to live every day to the fullest. Yep....don't let the old man in!

Clint will be 90 next month. Just watched Richard Jewell, his latest movie, last night.

One of my senior law partners was a submariner in WWII; was on 4 war patrols. He was the rock of the firm, and while he'd discuss the War and the past, he never dwelt on it and he never lamented for the 'good old days', ever. His rubric was 'these are the good old days.' I think of him often when I hear geezers grouching, shaking their fists and their wattles at the contemporary scene. He never did that.

He was in decent health until a few days before he died at 94. He had all of his wits to the end. His last words to me when I visited him in the hospital: "Life is sweet".

Ever so often, I ask myself how old would I be if I didn't know how old I am.? 

CAS and WB keeps me in tune, excuse the pun, with the younger shooters. 

Thanks for the post, hope to see you at a match sooner rather than later!

Everyone stay healthy and safe. 

Regards

4 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Clint will be 90 next month. Just watched Richard Jewell, his latest movie, last night.

One of my senior law partners was a submariner in WWII; was on 4 war patrols. He was the rock of the firm, and while he'd discuss the War and the past, he never dwelt on it and he never lamented for the 'good old days', ever. His rubric was 'these are the good old days.' I think of him often when I hear geezers grouching, shaking their fists and their wattles at the contemporary scene. He never did that.

He was in decent health until a few days before he died at 94. He had all of his wits to the end. His last words to me when I visited him in the hospital: "Life is sweet".

Unfortunately Clint has betrayed us. He is just another Hollywood hypocrite 

38 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Unfortunately Clint has betrayed us. He is just another Hollywood hypocrite 

He hasn't betrayed anybody. His gun views have been known for several decades and while not like most of ours don't make him 'anti-gun'. Basically he supported the 'assault rifle' ban and he's always supported registration. That's it, and it's nothing new. Nothing  hypocritical about it. Some folks got upset he supported Bloomberg, but at 89 I doubt that support had a single thing to do with gun issues.

"Betrayed us"-- what does that even mean? He doesn't owe you or me anything.

Well, you're in good company-- the Left has hated him for decades, going back nearly 50 years to the Dirty Harry days, and right up to his latest movie, which was heavily attacked by them.

I like the song......However.....

The video is from the movie The Mule. Eastwood plays a drug smuggler that is running cocaine between Mexico and the US. Yeah, that's a hero. Sorry folks, cocaine is the scourge of the Earth and a movie that glorifies it is just as bad.  

Just now, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

So a movie is the scourge of the Earth?

Ever seen Hell To Pay? :lol:

You may have missed the reference to cocaine and the glorification of cocaine smuggling.

"....just as bad...."

Anyway, haven't seen "The Mule" but remember the reviews so just looked up the Wiki article on the flick. Based on a true story of an elderly broke vet who did in fact deliver cocaine for the cartel. He went to prison in the movie as in real life. Again, haven't seen it but it sure doesn't sound like it glorifies cocaine, anymore than any crime movie necessarily glorifies crime.

Maybe you've see it, though. I don't really know.

Yes, I have seen it. One of Eastwood's worst movies (short of Bronco Billy) that I've ever seen.....but, I guess if you're elderly, a vet and broke....that justifies tearing peoples lives apart so that you can make some money.

Bob, sorry I took your thread off base. I appreciate the song and it's meaning.

Red, You can't and won't change my mind on this. I bid you good day sir.

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

He hasn't betrayed anybody. His gun views have been known for several decades and while not like most of ours don't make him 'anti-gun'. Basically he supported the 'assault rifle' ban and he's always supported registration. That's it, and it's nothing new. Nothing  hypocritical about it. Some folks got upset he supported Bloomberg, but at 89 I doubt that support had a single thing to do with gun issues.

"Betrayed us"-- what does that even mean? He doesn't owe you or me anything.

Well, you're in good company-- the Left has hated him for decades, going back nearly 50 years to the Dirty Harry days, and right up to his latest movie, which was heavily attacked by them.

Just another Hollywood hypocrite who had no problem making a living in action movies with a gun in his hand 

I’m headed toward 69 this July and I don’t feel much different than when I turned 40, 50, or 60. Spending a lot of time with my wife of 30 years and our 6 grandkids all who live just a few miles away is my greatest joy along with CAS and elk hunting when I’m lucky enough to draw a tag. I have not let the old man in yet and don’t plan on it any time soon, I hope the good Lord doesn’t have a different plan for me. Thanks for posting Too Tall Bob!   SCJ

Interesting and in some cases distressing on some responses here. The video is one of those portraying a MESSAGE for all of us. There is no political intent, there is no hypocrisy, no personal agendas - merely a video around a song sharing a message on how to carry on with life.  Some may dislike Clint Eastwood as well as the musician but that does not nor should not color the message about aging and how deal with it from one person’s point of view. Ok, done grumbling for now. 

Archived