SASS Wire Forum

Are all sass matches canceled

Chicago kidd

It would be foolish to hold a match until the spread of the virus drops Significantly or a vaccine/cure is developed. That could be months. I love shooting. I love being alive more.

@Chicago kidd today's news said to expect this to go on until May-June.  Down here they've already cancelled the rest of the school year.

@Utah Bob  Love your profile pic.  Have you tried to shoot with it on yet?  At one time I had to qualify on an M16 with one on.

From what the pandemic models show I think there is a possibility that matches will resume in late summer or early Fall.  I have access to a range where individual shooting is allowed.  I hope to finish sighting in a hi-wall there this summer.   The 600-yard range is deserted weekdays and I will be near no one when shooting.

I prefer the words rescheduled or postponed. Yeah I know, picking nits. Just trying to be optimistic. :) 

Our state matches have been rescheduled for fall. Our monthly matches are postponed for the time being. Taking it a month at a time.

http://www.powdercreekcowboys.com 

The clubs around here are closing a month at a time. So far no one has ruled out the whole year.

I joined a private club I used to belong to so I can go shoot by myself or with a guest. We also do cowboy shoots there.;)

Gotta keep shooting somehow!!

Every club I am aware of in CT that has public events of any type (skeet, cowboy, action pistol, plate shoots, etc) has cancelled those events.  Many clubs in CT, the rest of New England and NY have completely shut down ALL activities on club grounds.   

Partly that is due to common sense, partly to avoid aggravating the state & local officials and partly due potential legal liability issues.

Archived