SASS Wire Forum

New Club ..Photo's added

Howdy

As some will know I'm involved with getting a new club up & running in a small country town by the name of Esk in the state of Queensland. It's still a work in progress but here in Australia it's a lot of paperwork, inspections & money !! It will happen eventually .

The good news is the next small town just down the road [ about 15 mile ] has an up & running pistol club on 40 acres, toilets, showers, kitchen , plenty of camping & ample room to set up plenty of stages. The towns name is TOOGOOLAWAH & the club is just on the outskirts. I have approached them re- Cowboy shooting & just recently  been given the green light.

So BIARRA BANDITS will be our name & we will shoot on the 4th Saturday of the month. We will be a SASS club .

Our first shoot was to be in May  which had to be cancelled, hopefully when everything settles down we will be able to set another date.

Biarra is the name of the district where the range is situated..many years ago there was a milk factory nearby so we will be able to have the Milky Bar Kid awards ..:D

Hey Mohawk!

Sounds like a lotta work, but you're getting it done!
Very exciting.

Good luck with the new club!

--Dawg 

Try to get a cowboy shooter elected to the governing board of the parent club.  If conflicts arise that person can do much to resolve conflicts in a way acceptable to your cowboy shooters.

Good on ya'!

congrats on that - wish i could conveniently join you in getting everything started , i did help out getting a new club started once years ago , played a real small roll but had fun with the real instigators getting things rolling , we had a lot of support from other clubs in the surrounding area , kicked things off real nice , 

Hey, PM!!  When my rich uncle gets outta the poor house, I’ll get him to pay for a trip down to see ya’!!

In the meantime, keep us posted on progress and best wishes!!

Like I said!!  GOOD ON YA’!

Howdy ........In my state of Queensland we are pretty lucky compared to others in Australia, I probably  have a dozen clubs from a 40 min to 3  - 4 hour drive. The setting up of the Esk club   [ still working on a name ]  is a mission but will be worth it as everything thing from mini cannons & every type of shooting that can be done will be applied for . There will be  a 1,000 meter range, my input is mainly a support role & turn up to meetings etc..the 'Biarra Bandits situation was relatively easy as it was just a matter of approaching the club & the rest flowed from there..it is a great little spot & looking forward to getting our Cowboy part up & running.... eventually having  2 venues a short distance apart & covering  all our types of  shooting is something to look forward to. Further my home club for Trap is in the same area..I'm spoilt:wub:.

Esk is  35 mile from home &  about 45 mile to  Toogoolawah, so nice & close.

Thanks for all the positive comments..

Luv' the 'Milky Bar Kid vid..thanks Major 

49 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Hey, PM!!  When my rich uncle gets outta the poor house, I’ll get him to pay for a trip down to see ya’!!

In the meantime, keep us posted on progress and best wishes!!

Like I said!!  GOOD ON YA’!

Would be great to catch up again Blackwater, yourself & Schoolmarm are most welcome anytime.

You guys are so lucky up there.

The land here is becoming more and more squeezed by all the people down here:(

I am very lucky to have my home range 300m from my front gate but its days are numbered with all the sub-division going on here.

You can see it coming more people moving in, more complaints about the range that was there before them:rolleyes:

Hey Mohawk, you know where to find me, if ya want any help with something.

I'm a little out of action till probably end of May when I finish my treatment, but should be good to go after that.

Congratulations Painted!

Hope you have the agreement between the Home club/property owner and the new SASS club in writing.  

Congrats on the new club! Not an easy project for sure but it will be well worth the effort, thanks for the pics!   SCJ

Archived