SASS Wire Forum

1)      Mustang Woodcrafters custom gun cart for the range.  This cart holds four long guns, has an accessory box/seat perfect to your pistols, ammunition box, Lunch box holder and umbrella holder and large spoked wheels (to get through rough ground and provide stability).  This cart sells new for about 500.00 and if you are in the market, I would sell it for 375.00 let me know if you want to see pictures of this gun cart. 

IMG-0115.jpg

IMG-0116.jpg

IMG-0117.jpg

IMG-0118.jpg

IMG-0119.jpg

IMG-0122 (2).jpg

IMG-0138 (1).jpg

5 hours ago, RC Steelringer said:

Has the gun cart sold.

Sending PM

Thanks 

RC

Well OK Dirty Dan is trying to work it out but shipping to him in Oklahoma will about 350.00 dollars so he is going to get back to me.  After checking shipping rates looks like will need to keep this within the State of Florida to keep shipping cost from making this deal work.  What part of the country are you in?

32 minutes ago, Huckleberry Holiday said:

Well OK Dirty Dan is trying to work it out but shipping to him in Oklahoma will about 350.00 dollars so he is going to get back to me.  After checking shipping rates looks like will need to keep this within the State of Florida to keep shipping cost from making this deal work.  What part of the country are you in?

Ya, shipping was quite a bit more than either Huckleberry or I were expecting. Sometimes that's how it goes. It'll find a new home in Florida I guess. Thanks for working with me Huckleberry Holiday!

Howdy,

What a nice lookin cart.

Seems like reasonable shipping should be available.

Don't they ship whole cars for 600 or so?

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

What a nice lookin cart.

Seems like reasonable shipping should be available.

Don't they ship whole cars for 600 or so?

Best

CR

I was shocked at the rate I was quoted at the UPS store around the corner from my house but in checking at a website that compared 11 of the top carriers and they were all within a few dollars of each other.  I think there is a different scale for a retail type customer and a commercial customer.  This cart when folded up measures 37x24x24 and is under 50lbs and that cost approx. 300.00 from Florida to Oklahoma.  If anyone has a suggestion as to how a more reasonable shipping rate can be done I am all ears.   

How much does it weigh? Something seems amiss. I've shipped flintlock rifles inside a wood box across the country for $50 insured via USPS. We're talking 60"x15"x5" and weighs 20lbs, but still.

When I put the size and weight details as provided by Huckleberry into UPS' website, it said that this was an oversized package. Due to the particular dimensions, it would have a nominal shipping weight of 129lbs, and that added on fees. The breakdown said $145 for shipping, $120 for oversize package fee, and then a couple of other small fees I don't remember. I'm assuming the additional $50 or so which Huckleberry quoted me was for the box, shipping materials, and packaging labor. 

I just ran the numbers through FedEx and they're saying basically the same thing. 

I'd still LOVE to buy this cart if anyone is aware of a cheaper way to ship. But as far as I can tell right now, that's the cost for a private individual to ship to another private individual. 

24 minutes ago, Jeb Stuart #65654 said:

Check on have it shipped by truck.  I have several times ordered a pallet of stuff that was way cheaper than $300.

Any suggestions on a company to use? I checked a couple of LTL freight companies but they quoted pretty much the same price. 

37 minutes ago, OK Dirty Dan said:

Any suggestions on a company to use? I checked a couple of LTL freight companies but they quoted pretty much the same price. 

Once was with Consolidated Freight  and the other was USF Reddaway. 

58 minutes ago, OK Dirty Dan said:

I don't know the particulars or have any solid details, but when some folks in the car hobby send the awkward or heavy stuff, I've heard they sent stuff by bus pretty cheaply. I just have heard it done more than a few times, I just don't know how that works.

Good luck to you Pard.

Archived