SASS Wire Forum

We’re all in this together

Utah Bob #35998

Ellen DeGeneres’ self isolation “jail”. :rolleyes:

7DD3BF82-C575-4E9A-B63A-C6B968F0555F.jpeg

There's nothing "hard" in her life!   ;)

Lady Gaga said recently something to the effect that she really doesn’t think all those “we’re in this together” commercials are resonating with people that are actually suffering. At least one celebrity gets it, even if it’s very obvious. 

I'm thankful for the home I have to isolate in with my wife. 

There's a family with five children working in our middle class neighborhood laying pavers.  Juan, the father, was just recently lied off from his job and he and his wife are laying pavers to feed their family.  They did some fine work last week for my wife and me.  One of their little girls said to me while playing in our back yard, "You have a nice quiet neighborhood here.  Our neighborhood isn't so nice."  Good people doing what they can to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Juan, his wife and older boys, are still working in our neighborhood.  People keep coming out, seeing this family and their work, and are hiring Juan. 

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Lady Gaga said recently something to the effect that she really doesn’t think all those “we’re in this together” commercials are resonating with people that are actually suffering. At least one celebrity gets it, even if it’s very obvious. 

She does get it.  She's a cut above the Hollywood crowd.

If Congress and the Federal bureaucracy stopped getting paid while the economy is shut down it would be a lot more believable.

"Portia de Rossi?"  :huh:

Now, how does one get from "Amanda Lee Rogers" to "Portia de Rossi...?"  confused.gif

10 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Now, how does one get from "Amanda Lee Rogers" to "Portia de Rossi...?"  confused.gif

By the swipe of a pen in the courthouse..........

Maybe it's too early, maybe I'm just particularly dense. I get it that a bunch of wealthy people saying "we're all in this together" comes off as condescending at best. I saw one with Marcus Lemonis that made me a bit salty, as I was getting ready to go to work protecting his financial bottom line. But while it is clear Ellen has a nice house, it doesn't appear overly extravagant, considering what her net worth likely is. I'm not going to begrudge someone with her financial means that place. Besides, look at all of those houses looking down on hers, meaning lots of people close by. I know you're not there right now @Utah Bob #35998, and you and your wife are in my thoughts daily, but judging by the pictures, I am far more envious of your home in Colorado than I am of Ellen's place!

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t see anything pretentious about Ellen’s back yard.   I don’t know exactly where she lives, but I assume it’s somewhere she feels safe at:  I also don’t condemn her so-called “lifestyle”.  I have a niece who bats for the other side, and WHAT I DO CONDEMN is that she has purposely abandoned our family and gone off to live “back East,” refusing to answer any communications from, me, her siblings and father.  

She stays in touch with her mother, who after the divorce with my brother, took up that “lifestyle,” and flaunts it as if anyone in the family actually cares.   

Anyway, from THAT photo of Ellen’s home, it looks comfortable and normal.  The picture looks like a drone photo to me.....if that really IS her home.

Cat Brules

Never has bothered me none that someone makes a few more bucks more than me. I am so blessed to have what I do. But agree these people are no where near what the average and below average John Doe goes through. Just another way for them to get attention because their name hasn't been printed or seen for a while.

On 4/9/2020 at 4:48 PM, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

On 4/9/2020 at 6:26 PM, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

She does get it.  She's a cut above the Hollywood crowd.

I'm still having trouble getting past the meat dress.

13 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

I don’t see anything pretentious about Ellen’s back yard.   I don’t know exactly where she lives, but I assume it’s somewhere she feels safe at:  I also don’t condemn her so-called “lifestyle”.  I have a niece who bats for the other side, and WHAT I DO CONDEMN is that she has purposely abandoned our family and gone off to live “back East,” refusing to answer any communications from, me, her siblings and father.  

She stays in touch with her mother, who after the divorce with my brother, took up that “lifestyle,” and flaunts it as if anyone in the family actually cares.   

Anyway, from THAT photo of Ellen’s home, it looks comfortable and normal.  The picture looks like a drone photo to me.....if that really IS her home.

Cat Brules

5,100 sq ft. $15,000,000.

Nice jail.

71B6C57F-3AF0-4186-B966-9F62AD0188D4.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I'm still having trouble getting passed the meat dress.

Me, too.  That was during her "gotta out-Madonna Madonna" phase.  I hope she's past that.

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I'm still having trouble getting passed the meat dress.

What was wrong with that? Made me want to get one for my wife. What’s sexier than having a steak at the ready the whole night out? 

31 minutes ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

Me, too.  That was during her "gotta out-Madonna Madonna" phase.  I hope she's past that.

5 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Whh hv at was wrong with that? Made me want to get one for my wife. What’s sexier than having a steak at the ready the whole night out? 

El Hombre Sin Nombre, see above.:D

3 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

What was wrong with that? Made me want to get one for my wife. What’s sexier than having a steak at the ready the whole night out? 

With bacon earrings!!

On 4/9/2020 at 6:57 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

You can be anything you want to be, Hardpan. Just think, I went from being a dusty almost cowboy to a bona fide GNOME. 

On 4/9/2020 at 9:57 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Like Marion Morrison to John Wayne? Henry Deutschendorf to John Denver?

Need I go on? :P

Well... personally, I kinda liked "Amanda" better than "Portia."  Sounds like a misspelled sports car.  ^_^

But then, she ain't exactly my type anyhow.  :rolleyes:

Archived