SASS Wire Forum

Shakin hands

Rye Miles #13621

Dr. Fauci said yesterday that we should never go back to shaking hands again. NOW, Dr. Nicole Saphier :wub: on Fox News said that's ridiculous, she's raising 3 boys and she said she will teach them to shake hands like gentlemen and then don't touch your face and go wash your hands ASAP. Now that's sounds reasonable to me! I think this Dr. Fauci is a little, shall I say, overthinking this?

Personally, I never cared much for shaking hands.

And, I never take for granted that every woman I meet wants me hug them, although there are

some I enjoy greeting with a nice hug.

I'd just soon meet and greet with a nod and with women, tip my hat..... then hug those who

are 'sweet' friends..... :wub:

..........Widder

Paul Harvey (a blessing on his name!)  suggested "a snappy military salute" during one of the periodic waves of the yearly flu.

A correspondent suggested the Vulcan "live long and prosper" salute.

I'm not sure what the answer might be.

Guess I'll never get back the time I wasted teaching my dog to shake hands.  Now she'll be a little health hazard, an outcast, a pariah.  uuuuhhhhhh...

44 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I think that from now this should be the new handshake:

Jazz Hands GIF - Jazz Hands GIFs

While saying, “Ha Cha Cha!”  :D

First thing I’ve disagreed with Fauci on.

1 hour ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Paul Harvey (a blessing on his name!)  suggested "a snappy military salute" during one of the periodic waves of the yearly flu.

A correspondent suggested the Vulcan "live long and prosper" salute.

I'm not sure what the answer might be.

Found this :D

namaste.thumb.jpg.77637553e0d5f43e3c4cc9ac71e745bd.jpg

Sedalia Dave, thank you, that's a good laugh I really needed!
You just might have something there!

I suspect I will go back to shaking hands when this goes away.

Honey Mandela is probably saying, “I told you so!” :P

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Namaste

Namaste.gif.e85b23de19f06d87b2810ff227492fc7.gif

56 minutes ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

I think the little doctor is suffering a little from the "small man syndrome". And too much attention.

I disagree. I have checked the diminutive physician’s background and I put a lot of faith in his guidance and medical opinions. I think he’s one of the best to listen to during this thing, but...

Like I said, I don't agree with him on the hand shaking thing

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I disagree. I have checked the diminutive physician’s background and I put a lot of faith in his guidance and medical opinions. I think he’s one of the best to listen to during this thing, but...

UB,

Agreed, Fauci has the education, experience and cred to go with his statements. Plus, he now has his own bobblehead. I'm also a the point where I mute the daily WH Chines virus briefings until  Dr Fauci or Dr Adams speak. Then I turn up the volume.

However, I too don't agree with him on the "never" handshaking thing.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Did you catch the part about the "diminutive physician" having been captain of his high school basketball team?  :rolleyes:

In an interview, the Wall Street Journal's Ben Cohen said, "Well, he's probably somewhere between like 5-foot-5, 5-foot-7. And he was always short, but he always was this incredible leader. He was this classic little point guard. He was a great ball handler, an annoying defender. One of his teammates said that he would literally dribble through brick walls. Now, I don't think he would literally dribble through brick walls, but you sort of get the sentiment. You can kind of picture the type of player that Tony Fauci was just by looking at him."

Interview

For what it's worth, I definitely cannot stand that "elbow bump" thing.  Looks like a couple of featherless yardbirds strutting about the chicken coop. chicken.gif

Mr Cody, up above, has the right idea.  cowboy.gif

Two divergent thoughts on this and a conclusion:

1. One of our best Basketball Players in HS was  as short/tall as me. He grew some and went on to play college ball.
  2. One of the first things I caught on to at a SASS match was hugging everyone, men and women alike.

Height isn't a measure of proficiency and you'll never stop Cowboy Action Shooters from hugging.

He's  a lot taller than the wizened troll, Bloomburg, at 4' 9".

I notice that a lot of people are using this panic to push their own personal foibles. On the news one morning someone was saying that while working from home it was vitally important to dress up nice, be punctual, and make your bed.  Why?  I never do any of those things when I go to work!  This guy just had his personal issues with those things and saw a chance to get everyone in line with him.  Same as the hand shaking thing, masks, personal space, etc. 

That being said, personal space and wearing masks are 2 of my things, so everyone keep doing that even after the pandemic is over. 

1. shaking hands and then washing hands. . . tv MONK comes to mind.

2. start bowing to each other. . . oriental traditions coming to USA. . . not.

Like the nod and tip of the hat. (I am with Allie Mo)

Cowboys will always hug when meeting. ;^)   The lady must initiate before the gentleman responds or the tip of the hat.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:19 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Personally, I never cared much for shaking hands.

And, I never take for granted that every woman I meet wants me hug them, although there are

some I enjoy greeting with a nice hug.

I'd just soon meet and greet with a nod and with women, tip my hat..... then hug those who

are 'sweet' friends..... :wub:

..........Widder

You never hugged me.  :(

Archived