SASS Wire Forum

Need source or info

Have an old safe queen and curious as to it's birth date.  Serial # is 63669xx.  Appears to be solid quality and very smooth operationally, with one of the best triggers I've ever experienced.

Any Remington enthusiasts out there?

Thanks for any tips!

:ph34r:  Remington 700.  For some reason, on the 3rd try, the post seemed to properly send.  However, it obviously didn't.  Might be my server.....I believe it's overloaded with the amount of patronage it's receiving.

Thanks, LM Mark!

:ph34r:  I am apparently too dense to decode what I have.  The code stamped on the barrel just ahead of the receiver is "UDT 13".

What am I missing?

Model is apparently inexpensive version; Monte Carlo stock with recoil pad, blind magazine with no floor plate. 

From condition and purchase situation I'm guessing late 70's to late 80's......

6 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  I am apparently too dense to decode what I have.  The code stamped on the barrel just ahead of the receiver is "UDT 13".

What am I missing?

Model is apparently inexpensive version; Monte Carlo stock with recoil pad, blind magazine with no floor plate. 

From condition and purchase situation I'm guessing late 70's to late 80's......

I'm guessing the U is the final inspector mark shown below.  So DT13 would mean September of 1970?  From previous experience, I know it takes a bit of intuition to decipher the date codes.  Sometimes extra inspection marks get added to the end of the code.  On my remington 1100, I called them and they told me when it was born.  The date they gave me was a year later than what the barrel code indicated.  I assume that meant the barrel was made the year before the receiver.   I hate talking to people on the phone, but that's really the best way.  I think this is the number you need, and hopefully they have someone answering the phone during the plague. 

1-800-243-9700

Remington Barrel date Code

Archived