SASS Wire Forum

WTS Savage/Fox model B single trigger

I've got a nice completely stock, Savage/Fox model B 12 ga, 2 3/4" chamber.  It has 30" full/mod fixed chokes and a single, non selective trigger.  Very low vent rib on the barrels.  Mechanical trigger, bores are nice and shiny and the gun is tight.  Wood is about perfect with a beavertail forend. 

$450.00 + $15 shpping

Click on the photo to enlarge

fox-1.jpeg

fox-2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ef5d2972778933e8d83a1d5ef0c784b9.jpeg

Mike,

When this model B is opened does the barrel have to be forceably pushed downward in order to insert or remove live or spent shells?  In other words do the barrels drop to the full open position  to allow loading live rounds or ejection of fired hulls fast  or does it have that spring loaded additional 1/4 inch of travel to full open that one has to apply pressure on the top of the barrel to attain a  fully opened action.  

Photos of the chamber area added to the original post.   The chambers do not clear the breach face enough to load without an extra "push" on the barrels, causing 'em to open about another 1/4".  Pretty standard on Savage double barrels,  but easier with these 30" tubes. 

i don't own a vaquero... i shoot 58's... i have 13 of them lol

couldn't do anything now anyway, all the FFLs around here are closed... well, at least the ones i still patronize

• 2 weeks later...

Archived