• Last Reply

What?

No love for the Beretta here?

:blink:

9 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

What?

No love for the Beretta here?

:blink:

I've mentioned Beretta several times. My retirement gift to myself from the National Guard was an M9. I own a PX-4 Storm that I love, and if money allowed, I would pick up a PX-4 Compact Carry. I also have a Beretta Model 85 single stack .380 I sometimes carry. I suppose you could call me a fan.

14 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I've noticed that there are lots of glock owners who want a sig but settle for the glock because it is cheaper,  not realizing that you get what you pay for.   When I carried the colt double eagle I could qualify but had to focus.   I bought a sig p220 and went to qualify and didn't even have to try.  It was like the twilight zone episode #3 in season one where a peddler gave a colt saa to the town drunk and he would hit without even knowing he was going to shoot.   Sig is just that good. 

Glocks aren't exactly cheap either. I have a 43 and a 28, I think both of them cost me more than my Gold Cup or my Grieder Govt. Model. I can't say about the Sig. One of the very few guns I've never fired.

JHC

8 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Glocks aren't exactly cheap either. I have a 43 and a 28, I think both of them cost me more than my Gold Cup or my Grieder Govt. Model. I can't say about the Sig. One of the very few guns I've never fired.

JHC

While not "cheap," I would say they are reasonably priced and a good value. For the money, though, the P365 and Springfield Hellcat seem to be better bargains than the G43.

34 minutes ago, DocWard said:

While not "cheap," I would say they are reasonably priced and a good value. For the money, though, the P365 and Springfield Hellcat seem to be better bargains than the G43.

I was actually shopping for a gun for my wife, and just fell in love with it. It's so small and flat, carries like a dream. Shoots like a house afire too. First time I shot it I got worried cuz I wasn't seeing any bullet holes. That's cuz they were all clustered in a little group in the middle of the bull. Price you pay for the flatness is small capacity. I did install Mag Guts kits which increased the mag capacity to 7 instead of 6. 7+1 still beats a revolver.

JHC

1 minute ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I was actually shopping for a gun for my wife, and just fell in love with it. It's so small and flat, carries like a dream. Shoots like a house afire too. First time I shot it I got worried cuz I wasn't seeing any bullet holes. That's cuz they were all clustered in a little group in the middle of the bull. Price you pay for the flatness is small capacity. I did install Mag Guts kits which increased the mag capacity to 7 instead of 6. 7+1 still beats a revolver.

JHC

Next time you get a chance, compare it to the P365 or the Hellcat. You'll be surprised at how small they are with more capacity. Factory night sights on both, as well.

54 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

JHC

Capt,

As you might have heard, Shield arms has manufactured steel magazines for the Glock 48 that replace the ten round plastic versions, and fit 15 rounds.

They're getting great reviews every where but require replacing the polymer magazine catch with an aluminum version.

I recently contacted them regarding a steel mag for the G43 and they advise to stay tuned!  If they can get to a flush fit 9 rounds and an extended with 12 that will be

a great step up.  I'll post more when I hear more.  Currently I use the Taran Tactical +1 (flush fit) and the Hyve +1 (matches the Glock Finger extension for size).

SC

2 minutes ago, ShadowCatcher said:

Capt,

As you might have heard, Shield arms has manufactured steel magazines for the Glock 48 that replace the ten round plastic versions, and fit 15 rounds.

They're getting great reviews every where but require replacing the polymer magazine catch with an aluminum version.

I recently contacted them regarding a steel mag for the G43 and they advise to stay tuned!  If they can get to a flush fit 9 rounds and an extended with 12 that will be

a great step up.  I'll post more when I hear more.  Currently I use the Taran Tactical +1 (flush fit) and the Hyve +1 (matches the Glock Finger extension for size).

SC

Which is easy-peasy to do in a Glock, by the way. :D

I might add that I partially based my statement on a gun dealer who sells sig and glocks and 1911s of many brands who also said his buyers want the sig but buy the glock because it is cheaper.   I agree with him based on my own observations.   Glocks are fine just not the same as sig.  

Archived