SASS Wire Forum

Beating The Dead Horse Again

Subdeacon Joe

Yup. Extremely dead horse. Yawn.

Gonna make magazine changes tough...

2 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Carry Issues Memes | The Leading Glock Forum and Community ...

I have owned Glocks. I have nothing against them. They work well. The anti plastic crowd makes me laugh.

I like 1911s a bit more.

I don't have a dog and never will so I'm good. I like the S&W M&P line better. Basically the same thing as a Glock but they just feel better to me.

Having carried a 1911 for over 40 years, I find polymer striker fired trigger pulls atrocious.  And, in my honest (and more than slightly biased) opinion, the glock has a design flaw that has resulted in lots of negligent discharges, and not a few injuries/deaths.  That design flaw is that you have to discharge it to disassemble it.  

JMB _zpsy1nwq83i.jpg

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't have a dog and never will so I'm good. I like the S&W M&P line better. Basically the same thing as a Glock but they just feel better to me.

S&W actual paid Glock for a bunch of patented designs, and then made modifications that we shooters have been asking Glock to incorporate for years (METAL magazines!!!!).  The trigger is better than Glock's, but still not very nice (I'm a 1911 guy first and foremost and have become very finicky about my triggers).  

So, yes, it's a lot like a Glock because it's basically S&W's version of a Glock.

I used to be a dyed in the wool 1911 guy, then I shot a Glock. Then I bought a Glock. I have owned Glocks for 15 years. I no longer own a 1911, nor do I want one. If I ever buy a 1911 again it would probably just be for Wild Bunch. Since the folks that control Wild Bunch won't allow the actual firearms used in the movie and during that time period, like; S&W and Colt revolvers, I will probably never shoot Wild Bunch.

Don't get  me wrong, I do not look down my nose at 1911s or  those that love them. What I do look down my nose at are obtuse people that think everyone should like what they like or else. These people exist in every facet of life, not just the gun world. Don't get me started on Harley Riders...

This website shows the guns of the movie "The Wild Bunch" 

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Wild_Bunch,_The

If anything I have said here irks you, that is your problem, not mine. ;)

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

S&W paid Glock to be able to produce those guns.

They are nice.

OLG 

2 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

S&W actual paid Glock for a bunch of patented designs, and then made modifications that we shooters have been asking Glock to incorporate for years (METAL magazines!!!!).  The trigger is better than Glock's, but still not very nice (I'm a 1911 guy first and foremost and have become very finicky about my triggers).  

So, yes, it's a lot like a Glock because it's basically S&W's version of a Glock.

I agree and that's why I prefer S&W to the Glock!

5 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

gluck survival kit.jpg

Seems you 1911 boys just can’t figure this out. That bag is the perfect place to store an unwanted or unused 1911. You will never need any of the parts in that bag that surround the 1911, protecting it. That means the 1911 is out of sight and it is secure because everyone knows Glocks are so reliable that any thief would think the junk rattling around in the bag is probably just parts so they would just leave it behind. Also, they would be in fear because they know that the owner of the Glock is about and probably has the most reliable handgun in the world (the crowd gasps) on his or her person. 
That bag makes a good gun sock as well. Only thing is when you bring it out at the range, unzip it and then you drag out that 1911 folks will be disappointed. They’ll take pity on you though. They’ll understand that what you really wish for (even though you don’t even realize it) is a Glock, but the bag will have to suffice for now. 

Note: It might take years of therapy before you come to realize that what you really want is a Glock. 

:P :P :P

The pistol I learned with was the venerable Ruger Mk. 1.  I've shot 1911s by several companies, Glocks, Sigs, H&Ks, various Smith & Wessons, Berettas, Luger 9mms, even a C-96 broom handle.  Plus a bunch of different revolvers.  Some I like, some I don't. 

Do I like Glocks?  Yes and no.  They feel odd in my hand.  Do I shoot well with them?  Yes, I do.  

Shoot what you like, what feels good to you, what you shoot best with.  Heck, if you think a Bryco-Jennings it the cat's pajamas ...

well, there I would question your sanity.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:51 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Seems you 1911 boys just can’t figure this out. That bag is the perfect place to store an unwanted or unused 1911. You will never need any of the parts in that bag that surround the 1911, protecting it. That means the 1911 is out of sight and it is secure because everyone knows Glocks are so reliable that any thief would think the junk rattling around in the bag is probably just parts so they would just leave it behind. Also, they would be in fear because they know that the owner of the Glock is about and probably has the most reliable handgun in the world (the crowd gasps) on his or her person. 
That bag makes a good gun sock as well. Only thing is when you bring it out at the range, unzip it and then you drag out that 1911 folks will be disappointed. They’ll take pity on you though. They’ll understand that what you really wish for (even though you don’t even realize it) is a Glock, but the bag will have to suffice for now. 

Note: It might take years of therapy before you come to realize that what you really want is a Glock. 

:P :P :P

I'm waiting for their 14th Generation.

Glock14thGeneration.jpg

Archived