SASS Wire Forum

WTB 10 Gauge stuff

Hi Boys:

Just bought a 10 gauge.

Looking for hulls, brass shotshells, & etc.

Wanna load BP shotshells for it.

Some real boomers.

If ya have anything, please give me a holler.

Thanks

--Dawg

10 gauge H & R single shot.

Just thinking I wanna shoot some real boomers before I end my shooting time.

Thought this would be a fun occasional toy.

--Dawg

40 minutes ago, Wolfgang, SASS #53480 said:

Howdy Mr. Dawg, . . . good to hear that you are keeping "entertained" with a new gun.  And I hope staying healthy there in Ohio.  

Wolfgang . . . 

a3 Cody outfit - Copy.JPG

WOW!

Looking good!!

Stay safe my friend!

--Dawg

Check ballistic products. They used to have a lot of 10 gauge stuff 

I bought an H&R 10 gauge single shot.

Gonna trim the barrel down a bit, get some regular wood for it, and shoot some black powder thunder-boomers every now and then.

Just a fun gun for occasional use.

--Dawg

I have a 10G roll crimp tool. Might have a priming tool. I’ll look when I get home. 

58 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Gonna trim the barrel down a bit, get some regular wood for it, and shoot some black powder thunder-boomers every now and then.

--Dawg

that sounds FUN . . and will SOUND when ya shoot it  :excl:

4 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

--Dawg

What you going trim the barrel too??? Those things seem to use 3 1/2 shells....Going to fill them all the way up????

Texas Lizard

Smiles a plenty...I now shoot that original 10 ga 1887 Winchester and an original 10 ga 1883 Remington hammered sxs.  Bite the bullet and buy those $8 brass shells from Track of the Wolf. Im up to 2 boxes. Buy the shortest length ones. Circle Wad is the place to go. (9 ga wads and overshot cards, recycled pellets, hot glue gun, reenactor BP powder 80-95 gr whatever gets you a square load with 1 1/8 oz shot cup)

IMG_20190518_184937.thumb.jpg.aaeb09a46dd79326ad9eeb3a77c79c4f.jpg

Also...cut a square of 0000 steel wool and place over powder before the over powder wad is inserted.   You'll thank me. 

Trooper Ozzy:

Are those thin-walled shells like the Magtechs?

--Dawg

14 hours ago, Trooper Ozzy said:

Smiles a plenty...I now shoot that original 10 ga 1887 Winchester and an original 10 ga 1883 Remington hammered sxs.  Bite the bullet and buy those $8 brass shells from Track of the Wolf. Im up to 2 boxes. Buy the shortest length ones. Circle Wad is the place to go. (9 ga wads and overshot cards, recycled pellets, hot glue gun, reenactor BP powder 80-95 gr whatever gets you a square load with 1 1/8 oz shot cup)

IMG_20190518_184937.thumb.jpg.aaeb09a46dd79326ad9eeb3a77c79c4f.jpg

Also...cut a square of 0000 steel wool and place over powder before the over powder wad is inserted.   You'll thank me. 

A  little light on the BP aren't we?   I think he did mention boomers  ;-)

https://goexpowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/breechloading-sg-shells.pdf

95 - 123 grains per Goex

Prairie Dawg. Here's a photo of supplies and the thickness of the shells. Yes they are thin. 

Cusz M Dutch. LOL. Notice there's still some room for loading for the night shoots!  Based on your alias wouldn't think you'd be putting in any excess. All the dutch guys I know have green fingertips from holding on so tight. 

IMG_6357.JPG

15 hours ago, Trooper Ozzy said:

Prairie Dawg. Here's a photo of supplies and the thickness of the shells. Yes they are thin. 

Cusz M Dutch. LOL. Notice there's still some room for loading for the night shoots!  Based on your alias wouldn't think you'd be putting in any excess. All the dutch guys I know have green fingertips from holding on so tight. 

IMG_6357.JPG

When I shoot my 10, I want the whole range to know about it. I want the RO to start complaining before I even start to shoot.  Once knocked the snow off the cover of the wishing well in Grand Junction and covered the RO and myself when we had to shoot between the uprights for the cover.  It makes my heart smile when the RO starts to whine before you even shoot.  There might be other reasons for my alias ...

Archived