SASS Wire Forum

Al Kaline passed away at the age of 85. Spent many hours watching and listening to him play for the Detroit Tigers growing up. RIP big guy

Not a good day for childhood heros.  Went to many games while growing up in Detroit.  RIP Al.

Even though I'm a lifelong Cleveland Indians fan, Al Kaline was one of my favorites growing up. RIP Mr. Kaline

One of our boys was the team physical therapist  for the Tigers. He traveled with the team and was in the dugout every game. Through him I got to meet some people in the organization. I met Mr Kaline about a hear and a half ago. I was ecstatic. He was one of the most genuinely humble people I have ever met. He was in the front office and came through the clubhouse regularly to see the guys. He even traveled with the team to Lakeland every spring and was dressed as a player and on the field every day with the players and him in his 80’s. He stayed in very good shape. 

My Dad was from Detroit. Loved the Tigers and Kaline.

I'll have to admit that I didn't recognize his name right off the bat.  From the title of this thread, I thought it was another creative play-on-words alias, maybe for a battery (duracell alcaline) salesman.

Archived