SASS Wire Forum

Air Pistol Recommendations for Some Trigger Time

I'm hunkering down and getting bored. No CAS anywhere for a while. I shot International Air Pistol in competition for a long time until moving to WV, where it is not done near me. Shot it in my basement for a while until starting local IDPA, trap and ASI. Recently all nearby competition shooting has stopped due to the Kung Flu. Sold my air pistols after moving (Walther CP3 and a Bakial IZM). Managed to keep a Daisy 717 for kicks. Anyhow, thinking about setting up another basement air gun range and am wondering if anyone has experience with the latest pneumatic single-stroke air pistols. Not interested in spending 2K for a really good one (compressed air type and having to fiddle with tanks) but would like a decent gun. Seems like all the remaining single-strokes are mostly for plinking. Air Venturi ( mod V10) and Chippia (mod FAS 2004) still make what it possibly seems like I'm looking for in the $3-400 range. Don't want to buy an older used good quality gun and then have to deal with seal/repair issues. Meanwhile, will phart with the Daisy.

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions on the matter; thanks.

Howdy Church Key! Good to hear your doing well. You may want to consider the C02 SAA. Great for practice indoor or outside. About $100 each. Get two for practice and you to can shoot gunfighter.:)

NAH!!  Skip the Air Pistols.  Source up a couple boxes of reloadable rubber bullets.  Drill out the primer pockets for "Primer Only" use.  Make a "bullet trap" out of a good sized cardboard box with a really heavy bathroom towel to stop the rubber baby buggy bumpers.  Use your match pistols for your practice.

Finally decided on a Sig Sauer ASP Super Target. It is similar to the FAS 6004 except for the grips and opening catch. Shaped like a Sig P210 and is made by Chippia in Italy. Deciding point was the Sig five year warranty plus Amazon availability. The FAS is hard to find. Cost $368.  

Archived