SASS Wire Forum

In Order To Avoid Becoming A Complete Slob

J-BAR #18287

... and staying in pajamas all day while isolating,  I told my wife we should dress for dinner. 

What do you think?

714BD3AC-7CBB-4D6F-874E-2526988BF335.thumb.jpeg.29b5b4296cda2f9cd422400286451f44.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No hats at the table!!! Other than that yer fine!!:P

• Don’t forget “Crown Down”. :D

CJ

All my shootin clothes are back home. But of course my daily wear is western. I think I’m sliding toward slovenly though. Didn’t shave today. I do get some odd looks from the millenials here when I go out for some exercise. :lol:

Your rifle ain’t a 92.

12 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Who's the picture of the ugly guy in the background?   Looks like some low down, high smilin', no-account...

Them is fightin' words Pilgrim.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

All my shootin clothes are back home. But of course my daily wear is western. I think I’m sliding toward slovenly though. Didn’t shave today. I do get some odd looks from the millenials here when I go out for some exercise. :lol:

Stop wearing shorts might help....

Texas Lizard

46 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Stop wearing shorts might help....

Texas Lizard

Short what? :P

35 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Well, Pilgrim, you are missing a hog laig, ain't cha?

Nope, all present and accounted for.  Remember I was headed to the dinner table and house rules are no guns in the dining room!!

:D

9 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Nope, all present and accounted for.  Remember I was headed to the dinner table and house rules are no guns in the dining room!!

:D

Well, that thing you're holding in your left hand don't look like no soup spoon. ^_^

6 minutes ago, Okiepan said:

Where do ya put yer lever action while yer eating ?

other than that Beef is whats for supper !!

Now the location of my guns, that’s a closely guarded secret.

Dinner on that particular evening was a venison stew, cornbread and slaw on the side.

All of you should be so lucky.

;)

On 4/5/2020 at 6:18 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No hats at the table!!! Other than that yer fine!!:P

That kind of begs the question, in the U.S., do real cowboys remove their hats when dining in a restaurant?  In western Canada, real cowboys do not remove their hat when eating in a restaurant, bar or in A&W etc.   I'm not a real cowboy and I do not remove my cowboy hat in a restaurantit's just an  accepted custom.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

That kind of begs the question, in the U.S., do real cowboys remove their hats when dining in a restaurant?  In western Canada, real cowboys do not remove their hat when eating in a restaurant, bar or in A&W etc.   I'm not a real cowboy and I do not remove my cowboy hat in a restaurantit's just an  accepted custom.

Well I was raised to take my hat off at the table. But a lot of guys were not.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Since all those easterners moved west, leaving your hat on a peg unattended is asking to have it take legs and walk.

I had my Stetson "exchanged" that way a couple of years ago. The one left in it's place was a smaller sized, cheap copy that wasn't even the same shade.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

I take mine off if there is anywhere safe and clean enough near , like an empty chair or booth at the table. Even do so with a cap. Just part of my upbringing.

But , nowdays it is not out of reach , or sight. A few decades ago you could use an eating place's hatrack with no worries (in West Texas , anyway). Like Cold Lake Kid , I wouldn't do it now. Anywhere.

Rex :D

Archived