SASS Wire Forum

Got 1 thanks

So cabin fever is hitting,  thinking about putting a ss kit in my uberti  73, I have a 3rd gen in my 66 and want the throw to be the same.  Cowboy and Indian store has them but thinking that maybe someone might have one laying around collecting dust that might want to sell. Don't want to insult anyone trying to keep it close to $100 to still be able to pay a Smith to tune it right.  Don't know if it matters but mine is a large pistol cal. 45 colt.

Rafe 

Rafe,

I don't know the specs on an Iso kit  but I have a few Pioneer Gun Works short stroke kits around.

most are takeouts so the price is right/  maybe?!!!

Ol'  #4

Funny, on his website Pioneer has a standard SS kit and a Super SS kit, no mention of Generations.

:lol:  Hey Springfield!! How Are Ya :lol:

Back when I was still inna business, Joe Alves (Mr Pioneer Gunworks) only made two kits.  His standard kit was essentially the same as a Third Generation and his Super Short was ... well ... As short as could be.  Super Short as it is.

The "Generation" of Short Stroke kits is primarily an iteration of the Cowboys and Indian Store, way back when.  They advertised 1st, 2d, 3d, then 4th and now 5th generation.  This was done to distinguish the difference in resulting lever throw.

Archived