SASS Wire Forum

SASS Pennsylvania State Match postponed

Black Hills Barb

**Please scroll down for updated info**

The decision has been made to postpone the SASS Pennsylvania State Championship match currently scheduled for May 22-24, 2020 until September 25-27, 2020.  We feel that this is the right decision based upon the information available to us at this time.  All registered shooters will have their fees forwarded.  Any registered shooters that cannot attend may request a full refund.  Please be aware that, due to the “shelter in place” restrictions, the main club is currently not conducting meetings.  Therefore, no club/posse business is being transacted at this time.  Please bear with us as both the posse and the main club work through all the details brought about in the rescheduling of the match.

As always, I am available by email or phone should you need to discuss a specific issue.

Sincerely, 

Black Hills Barb

Hmmmm.  Interesting notice.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on the SASS Pennsylvania State Championship that I emailed earlier today.

It's likely that you all have heard enough about COVID-19 and it's effects on businesses, recreation, and lifestyles to last you into eternity.  I know I sure have.  It's been like a ride in a runaway mine car when it comes to the news media - virus, protests, riots, and political mayhem.  What's true?  What's not?  The stories change daily.  Our mental health has suffered and our stress levels have been stretched to the max many times over. 
CAS has always offered a brief escape from our everyday world and we needed it more than ever this year.  Over the years our cowboy family has suffered together and supported each other over and over again.  The current world situation is no different.  Currently, with the simple addition of hand sanitizer and wipes our posse has been able to enjoy matches again since May.  Shooters, after three months of lockdown, have proven to be most respectful of fellow shooters when it comes to social distancing.  Some bandannas over the nose and mouth for added safety have some looking like Jesse James robbing the Wells Fargo stagecoach.  It's not what we are used to, but it's far better than not being able to enjoy the matches and our cowboy family at all.  I'll take time spent with friends, fresh air, sunshine, and laughter over shelter in place any day.
Too many matches had to be cancelled.  From the smallest clubs up to EOT and Founder's Ranch, CAS and SASS has suffered greatly.  The SASS Scholarship Fund has to have suffered a huge loss as well.  With that in mind, El Posse Grande was determined to hold our state match. The planning continues to move forward. The match was postponed from May 23-25 to September 25-27.  All registrations previously received were "rolled over" and cancellations were processed, without penalty, to those that could not attend on the new date.  We are just a little more than 2 months away from the rescheduled match.  We have a terrific match planned and the extra four months have given some of us the opportunity to escape the confines of our homes and "tinker around the range".  We've been sprucing things up a bit.  Unfortunately, the hill is still there. No worries though.  We also rolled over the ATV rental so that we can transport our shooters up the hill.  The Sullivan County Shooting Sports club, aka the best brass pickers in all of SASS, will be on hand as our range cooks, brass pickers and even cart haulers.  Pretty much nothing has changed other than the date.
This message is to ask that you please make mention of the Pennsylvania state match in your shooter meetings and add a little reminder when sending out posse emails.  I've included the club contact folks for clubs in some surrounding states, and our friends in Canada, in this mailing.  This is the LINK TO THE EL POSSE GRANDE web page and the state match.  We'd love to be able to have a terrific turn out.  Remember $5.00 for every registered shooter goes to SASS.  Additionally, there's always a fundraiser for the SASS Scholarship Fund.  This year we are raffling off a Dillon XL750 and other great prizes with the hope of being able to make a generous contribution to the fund.  SASS needs us now more than ever!
If you have any questions, please contact me.  Thank you in advance for relaying this info to your posse.
Sincerely, 
Black Hills Barb

PS It is my hope that I do not have to make a single mention of the C word between 9/25 and 9/27 and that none of you need to either! 

Archived