SASS Wire Forum

Interesting Pig-sticker

Subdeacon Joe

I guess it’s supposed to find it’s way in, between the ribs.  It’s an old concept.  Still rather dumb.  The price tag is laughably foolish, too.

Cat Brules

Polymer tip?  I thought it was steel.

CB

with a twist like that ................

.................... maybe useful for political character assassination .......

.................................................... (of certain political character-istics)

:unsure:

4 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

maybe useful for political character assassination

Press and politicians always whine about "political character assassination."  Utter fiction.

Most have no character to assassinate.

4 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Do they swivel/rotate on entry? Looks like it. Otherwise they would have to turn in the hand, when they came up against bone.

Well okay.  I do know about this toy.  Here’s what I think I know:
I believe they are the brain-child of a young (then) black guy knife maker who came up with that goofy, silent-killah nonsense design to appeal to people who like “trick gear”.  You’re right about the ”turn in your hand” idea.   I met this guy sometime in the 90’s (as I recall), at the (then) annual knife show in the hotel convention room in Solvang, CA (South of here maybe 70 miles).  He claimed to be the original designer of this twisted, rotating knife that seeks out vital organs as long as you apply stabbing pressure.  I’m sure others have since picked up on (copied) the design.  

BTW, it is unbelievable how many knives are intentionally made to be outright fantasy blades or supposed “assassin” knives.  

See the slim, round grip?  When slammed into the rib cage or other bony structure, it’s supposed (designed) to rotate in the hand, and slide around on, then off the bone, rotating in the hand, going between the ribs or elsewhere, and into soft flesh and organs, seeking the most vulnerable parts, and killing the victim.

I believe they’re made to be sold to the Casper Milquetoast types who dream of suiting out in tight black “ninja suits,” with all their other trick gear and saving (or killing) some important character (or enemy) and becoming a hero (or a pariah)......I guess. :huh:   BTW, all the while this guy was spinning his story about how the knife is made and supposed to work, his wife was standing about 15’ away with that look that women display when watching guys talk.  That’s why I think he probably is (to himself and maybe me) the original designer of this style of knife.  But, who knows?  that’s the first, and only ones like it I ever saw (until these pictures).  As I recall now, they were all obviously hand made, each one was unique, and they weren’t cheap, either.  And, he was selling them, too.   Not for $1000 each, though; but that was then (the 90’s) and this is now.

So, that’s what I know about that style knife.

Cat Brules

#1 Rule in Marketing a Product.

It does not have to be great, good, useful, innovative, quality, etc...  It only has to be desired enough to be purchased to be a success.

Examples: Ford Pinto, Clap-on, Glock.

I was thrilled when I saw this design.  Looks like something special made to cut my toenails.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:44 AM, Cat Brules said:

I guess it’s supposed to find it’s way in, between the ribs.  It’s an old concept.  Still rather dumb.  The price tag is laughably foolish, too.

Cat Brules

Yeah, especially since several catalogs have something similar for much less.

Archived