SASS Wire Forum

Jackassedry at work

Utah Bob #35998

As I suspected, around sunset last night the parties got started. Beer, music, dancing in the parking lot. Unconcerned and ignorant youngsters. After mingling I suspect more than a few went to visit their folks. Despite all the warnings and evidence, these irresponsible jerks are continuing to contribute to the problem. We would not have won WW2 with the likes of them.:angry:

I have a feeling they existed in WW2...they have always existed. It’s just that with every generation it seems to get a little worse. 

Darwin was way off. 

You boys forget the Military process of “Basic Training” (Boot Camp) and “Advanced Individual Training” (AIT).

These weasela$$#0£€$ did exist in the WWII era, but the DI’s had a freer band with them in those days.  If the need for the draft re-emerges, I think most of the draftees would fall into line.

Cat Brules

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

As I suspected, around sunset last night the parties got started. Beer, music, dancing in the parking lot. Unconcerned and ignorant youngsters. After mingling I suspect more than a few went to visit their folks. Despite all the warnings and evidence, these irresponsible jerks are continuing to contribute to the problem. We would not have won WW2 with the likes of them.:angry:

Kind of makes you want to "light them up" in a way or at least give them pointed sticks , tell them to run and yell banzai and then light 'em up.

The neighbors behind me also had a party. I'm not a nosey kind of person but my house is elevated about 6' above the ones behind me. No social distancing at all. Even had people that appeared to be over 60. With people like that, the light at the end of the tunnel is hard to find. 

9 minutes ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

Simple solution..  BRING BACK THE DRAFT.

Only if we dump the PC touchy feely crap and get some real DI's to whip them into shape.

And today a couple put a tarp in their F150 and filled the bed with a garden hose to make a pool. Last I looked there were 8 of em in and around the truck. The beer is flowing and I suspect the crowd will grow. 
I just noticed they moved the truck to the handicapped parking spot.

Sheesh.

My thought is that they feel that because they are only in close contact with people they know that they'll be fine and won't catch the virus. Unfortunately the virus doesn't give a rats behind about friendship and it is us that will end up paying for their stupidity.

1 hour ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

Simple solution..  BRING BACK THE DRAFT.

Would you really want to be in a "serious social situation" with one of those jerks and have to count on him to stand his ground and cover your butt?

I had this conversation with my mother a half century ago concerning the kids who were marching on canpuses, in front of government buildings, and in major city public places protesting nearly everything I was involved in and believed in.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And today a couple put a tarp in their F150 and filled the bed with a garden hose to make a pool.

I've seen pictures of people that did that, and it messes with my mind.

8 ft long bed by 4 ft wide is 32 square feet by 2 ft deep is 64 cubic feet is 4000 lb of water.

2 tons of water in the back of a half ton pickup truck.

16 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I've seen pictures of people that did that, and it messes with my mind.

8 ft long bed by 4 ft wide is 32 square feet by 2 ft deep is 64 cubic feet is 4000 lb of water.

2 tons of water in the back of a half ton pickup truck.

Not to mention the 1200 lb's of dip shit about to hit that toilet.

Why would they follow a stay at home order? There is no enforcement or penalty for violating the order. The orders rely on people taking personal responsibility and staying home as much as possible.  Personal responsibility is becoming a thing of the past, especially in the younger generations.

19 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Training camp would make a difference in lieu of strict and uniform parenting. There was no magic to being young and stupid in the 1940s.

Archived