SASS Wire Forum

Anybody know someone with COVID-19

We live in a small town in Orygun (media reports 10 cases in our county and its bigger than New York state) and know body knows anyone with the virus. So with this forum being world wide I am asking do any of you personally know of someone that has the virus?

Yes. Though I have not seen or talked to him for several years. There are 5-6 currently in my hometown that have it and got it where they work the next county over.

A fraternity brother is positive for the antibodies, but negative for the virus, meaning he is not a vector. A good friend of a guy that I work with was just released from the hospital.

3 minutes ago, DocWard said:

A fraternity brother is positive for the antibodies, but negative for the virus, meaning he is not a vector. 

Does that mean he's had it or is he immune to it?

33 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Does that mean he's had it or is he immune to it?

To my understanding, he has been exposed to it. He was never symptomatic, and has built immunity due to his exposure. I will see if I can get clarification, though.

My ex sister in law died last Sunday, she was diagnosed with Covid-19 the day before she died. She was in a wheelcahir from a stroke, she had trouble breathing for the last 2-3 years! Lung cancer surviver. She weighed 87 lbs. They listed it as a Covid death!

.My ex was glad she passed because she suffered so much over the last five years!

I know five that have had it four recovered and one passed away.

No.  I don’t know anyone who has contracted CV19.

I hope our County is only lightly impacted.

SAT-04-APR-2020

San Luis Obispo County, CA

Confirmed Cases:  93

....Hospitalized:  6  (4 in intensive care)

....Sick at Home:  22 (weathering it out at home)

....Recovered:  65

....Deaths:  0  (none)

Cat Brules

An 88 year old friend of ours had it and beat it.  He was in the hospital for a week or so.  He has no idea where he picked it up. 

My great nephew and my nephew's wife were both "diagnosed" with it but were not really tested. One got a zpak and my nephew's wife I  think maybe Levaquin and sent home to quarantine.

JHC

5 hours ago, DocWard said:

To my understanding, he has been exposed to it. He was never symptomatic, and has built immunity due to his exposure. I will see if I can get clarification, though.

There's a slight chance I was exposed from my great nephew at our farm cabin, but no symptoms. Two more days and I won't worry about it. I've been masking and gloving when in public in the remote chance I could be an asymptomatc carrier.

JHC

A friend of 40 years and a fellow L.E.O. passed away yesterday of Covid 19 in Greensboro, NC.
He was in his late 60's , married with children and grand children.
Ran into him in January and we spoke of old times, good times and friends we have lost.
How quickly life can change.
He was one of the "Good Ones"
Please keep his family... your family and our country in your Prayers.

I expect a tough go of it IF I come down with it, but I’m lying low, and don’t expect to.

This is going to be a year that I’m going to be holed up for months on end.

I’ll conduct most medical appointments by telephone, and my MDs will (or I will) cancel or “push out” the non-critical face-to-face appointments, such as my annual physical.

Cat Brules

3 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

A former law partner and long-time friend of mine, age 75, healthy and fit, has it; had a serious time but appears to be well on the mend now.

One of the people that I know that has it was in the hospital recovering from back surgery when she was told she had it after she came down with some symptoms and they started treating her right away. She took a turn for the worse and then after a couple of rough days is on the mend. Still in the hospital but it looks like she’ll make it. A man that used to work for me back in the early 90’s passed away two weeks ago he was 82 and had been doing well until he caught it.

While not a personal friend, I had met the first fatality attributed to the virus who lived in the same county as me.  He was in his late 70s, with health issues, and had been in a large hospital for quite a while in January, and regularly traveled to a nearby military base to take advantage of the PX there.  

Currently, no. At least not that I am aware.

Will I? Probably. I think most of us eventually will.

Archived