SASS Wire Forum

FYI How to make your own face covering

FYI How to make your own face covering from Surgeon General, Dr. Jerome Adams .   Take care Driftwood Dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPx1yqvJgf4&feature=youtu.be

My wife, Ruthless Rose, has been making masks several hours a day. She’s done two kinds - the ones with tie straps and those with elastics that go over ears (top one, the elastics are partially visible). We’re giving the masks to local hospitals, doctors, nurses, and clinics. As some previous posters have pointed out, there are several patterns you can download, although my wife has just developed her own pattern that makes construction a bit easier.

Regarding masks for COVID-19 when at the range, the photo on the bottom is of a bandana I wear, especially when running the timer and I’m in close proximity of lead particulate. This bandana has an elastic sewn in the back so that it pulls tight (rather than going through the hassle of tying a knot). (You can’t see elastic because its inside the bandana.) I should wear the bandana when I’m shooting, too, but it seems to get in the way when looking down at holsters, etc. So, when we’re up and shooting again - which I hope will be end of this month - I’ll be wearing my bandana full time more for COVID-19 than for blood-lead issues, until we hear that things are safe (whenever that will be).

RR

masks.jpg

bandana.jpg

5 hours ago, Driftwood Dan SASS #62738L said:

FYI How to make your own face covering from Surgeon General, Dr. Jerome Adams .   Take care Driftwood Dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPx1yqvJgf4&feature=youtu.be

I just cut up a half dozen of my wife's old bras.  You get two masks per bra.  Stitched on some elastic and voila! 

Yeah, people look at me kinda funny, after they stop laughing.  I've had all kinds of suggestions what to draw on them, as you can imagine.  

Thanks for posting these.  I just shared them with a friend who is trying t find a face mask for her 85 year old father.  Even Amazon is telling her May for delivery.

Dusty Devil Dale...

It's is clear to us the reaction you are having from not being able to go to the range and shoot! Take a few aspirins, and get some rest!!!!

B)

(Hope we get to shoot together soon!!!!!)

RR

4 hours ago, Sarge said:

Thanks for posting these.  I just shared them with a friend who is trying t find a face mask for her 85 year old father.  Even Amazon is telling her May for delivery.

Check out Etsy.  Hand made, domestic options, with reasonable delivery times.

5 hours ago, Sarge said:

Your mail box is full, I’d like to PM you.

6 hours ago, Roger Rapid said:

Dusty Devil Dale...

It's is clear to us the reaction you are having from not being able to go to the range and shoot! Take a few aspirins, and get some rest!!!!

B)

(Hope we get to shoot together soon!!!!!)

RR

It's outright withdrawal, Roger.  Every time I look at the guns, leather or load ammo, I start twitching and my brain loses its grip on my typing fingers.  

Actually, I saw the bra idea in a medical publication that came to my wife.  Apparently some folks are using them as a last resort.  They suggested putting tight weave cotton inside, against your face. 

BTW, what your wonderful wife is doing is pure inspiration. Please  share my admiration with her. 

Just think how the mask shortage could be managed if every family across America would make a few masks for themselves and twice that many for distribution to  others.  Personally thank her for me. 

6 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Your mail box is full, I’d like to PM you.

Cleaned it out.  Try it again.

3 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Cleaned it out.  Try it again.

Sent.

6 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Isn’t that what our neckerchiefs are for?  That we could go around looking like we were going to rob a stagecoach or a bank any second!

I've read a lot of frontier era real books and there was one constant.  When someone seen a stranger ride in, the first thing they did was take an accounting of his horse and saddle. Everything about the horse was evaluated.  Because the house told a lot about the man and the horse was likely the most valuable thing they owned.  

Now watching the old westerns,  the bad guys just pull up their bandana an nobody can recognize them. :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I live just north of there , how’ed you like little Germany 

I was shamelessly promoting them. I was born and raised just south of there and stay in Michigan's Little Bavaria every time I visit. If I wished to visit a club shoot in the area, which one should it be?

11 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

I was shamelessly promoting them. I was born and raised just south of there and stay in Michigan's Little Bavaria every time I visit. If I wished to visit a club shoot in the area, which one should it be?

Hopefully in a month? I don’t know , they can’t keep the economy shut down too long or it won’t make a difference how many people catch it 

9 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Hopefully in a month? I don’t know , they can’t keep the economy shut down too long or it won’t make a difference how many people catch it 

I just wanted to get your recommendation of a club to visit when it is safe:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Mister Badly said:

I just wanted to get your recommendation of a club to visit when it is safe:ph34r:

There’s counties in northern Mi where they have no cases , but Grand Rapids , Lansing , and especially the Detroit area .

I saw a local report that over 150 police officers had it or were in quarantine in Detroit, so much for the government telling you that you don’t need a gun 

These are available for nineteen dollars and ninety five cents.

Just stuff the beak with cotton and your GTG~!   ^_^

https://www.purecostumes.com/GH26821/plague-doctor-steampunk-adult-mask.html

Plague Doctor Steampunk Adult Mask

Archived