SASS Wire Forum

What did you do today?

Walked around. Pulled the car out of the garage and cleaned the windows. Kissed my wife a lot. Read a bunch. Made spaghetti/messy balls. Harassed my SILs dogs. Went a little nuts.

My business is an legal to be open and today is deposit day. Well the local bank has closed and also the night deposit has a plywood cover over it. So the next bank to take deposits is a 30 mile drive and the only thing open to the public is the drive thru. I am sure glad a brought a good cigar, the wait in line was 1 hour and 26 minutes to get to the vacuum tube. So 2 hrs to make a deposit times $99.58 I hope there is an IRS tax form for that loss.

Got up and fixed meowndangself some scrambled eggs for breakfast, along with a bowl of oatmeal.

Picked a little guitar.

Mowed a couple yards, rode my ATV back out on the farm and shot a couple rounds from

my Henry .22

About the same thing I do most every warm sunny day.

..........Widder

16 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

Went to Sportsmans Warehouse to pick up a stripped lower they had on sale, came home with the lower AND a whole new AR:)

I just took a look at Sportsmans Spring circular.There are some items that I could use,but all of the New Mexico stores are closed due to the ongoing Corona virus regs.So I called customer service to ask for a raincheck,and you guessed it, the service center has a response time of seventy plus minutes due to minimal staffing.

We'll see if they respond to e-mails.

Sat around this morning and watched all the idiots on tv talk about the virus. This afternoon wife and I went out back and shot 5 stages moving targets around for different scenarios. Then the wife went to town and got us some Kentucky fried chicken while I cleaned guns

Rummaged about the garage in search of a can of kerosene.  No joy, but DID find a half gallon can of alcohol!  Yay~!!  :lol:

Also some missing drill bits and miscellaneous other tools.

Fed the chickens.  Talked to the cats.  Watched the Prez's news conference.  

Mebbe I'll go make some herb bread now....  :rolleyes:

Slept in until 0515.  Got up, had some coffee, fired up the computer to check weather, local news, and The Saloon.  Went to work.  Kind of slow, left at 1300 to give the wife some relief from the dog - stopped at Safeway on the way home and got toothpaste, some coffee, and a discounted 8 x 8 of cinnamon buns.  
Got home, took the dog for a nice walk to give the wife some time not hearing the dog bark at everything passing by.  
Made a dish of Cheesy Potatoes au Gratin (that I just now took out of the oven).  

Stayed in bed till about 4 got up made coffee. Made coffee for Shirttail about 6:30. Had b'fast went to the range shot the 1911 and the old Ranger, Shirt shot 2 of her 1911's, tryin to get them dirty enough to malfunction so far no luck. Came home had sandwiches for lunch took out a couple of burgers to thaw for supper. Made patties out of 3 lbs of h'burg, julienned half a dozen jalapenos chopped half a dozen more sliced 4 tomatoes. Made a big ol double batch of Nawlins style bread pudding. Gonna have some for dessert after jalapeno burgers for supper. Oh I forgot also cleaned a double batch of 38 sp brass in my Thumbler b's. also lubed 500 230 g acp bullets.

kR

I took my car to the local tire shop to get a tire replaced.  Found a nail on the road the hard way and they couldn't repair it.  Stopped at the local meat market for some groceries and picked up lunch.  Made some more masks in the afternoon before making dinner.  Gonna close out the night finishing off the masks I started.

I've been busy trying to finish a spring project.  It started by scrubbing all the soffits on the house clean, then repaint them.  Painted the front and back porch ceilings. Today I started on the back porch concrete floor by renting a paint striping machine and putting it to work.  This weekend will be all about striping and preping the concrete.  Monday I'll have to etch the floor to prepare for the topcoat.  Hopefully by this time next week it'll done.  Next on the to do list will be working on the motorhome so when this quarantine is over we can hit the road, I'll need the rest by then.

The same thing that I will probably do tomorrow clean and wipe down already clean guns. Eventually I will not be able to avoid it and will have to clean and organize the ammo closet 

I went to the bank, then to the Italian food store, bought some of their homemade pizza, asiago cheese, some Italian pitzells, and some cooked sausage in sauce!  I then went home had lunch and cut the front grass. I saved the back for tomorrow! Did a load of clothes and rode my stationary bike for half hour! Whew, I'm tired! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I did a few things. Fielded some phone calls for work. Checked my court mail box and P.O. Box, did a bank deposit. This evening, after getting dinner, I cleaned out the fire ring and had a small fire for a bit.

Woke up around 6:30 and took my daily meds. Went through my morning routine on the confuser. Got dressed and waited for the appliance repair guy to come fix the oven. Put together a bowl of Life cereal while I waited and watched The Price Is Right.  Went to the bank to get a cashiers check to pay Whiskey Creek Johnson for a batch of T-shirts he printed for the band, (I ran out of checks).

Came home and sliced up three different cheeses to make quesadillas and then baked one for me. Schoolmarm baked a couple more for Hatfield and herself.  Gonna’ watch a little TV and maybe read some.

Went to work. 
Came home. 
Had pizza and chicken wings from Pizza Hut. 
Watching “That 70’s Show” on Netflix. 
Going to have ice cream in a bit. 

Spent most of the day with my dad,  converting his house to be handicap accessible in the hopes that if my mother ever does make it home she will have a home ready for her.  She's been in the ICU for the last month.  

Today was the bathroom.  Gutted it to the studs then moved two walls.  New toilet, tub, shower,  sink in and drywall up floor raised. Tomorrow it's sanding, and painting then on to stripping the kitchen

Started blowing snow at 5 so could take wife to work at 6.   Breakfast then replaced 2 sump pumps .   Down to last 1200 bullets to lube after casting 450 lbs of bulllets a couple weeks ago.     Finished off by making a big kettle of GW's cabbage soup to go with so grilled chicken.... Quit for the day and watched Larado and Alias Smith and Jones.        GW

Ya’ know??  I think I’ll pour me about four fingers of apple pie!!

That’ll just about round out the day!!

Some pecan trees I had ordered came.  I add a few each year.  I planted them and 3 peach trees I bought yesterday.  At 6 we went on a state required stay at home order so I got on a side by side with one child and my wife on another with another child and the 2 older ones ride their ATV between us and we went 3 miles down the road and filled every ATV and all the gas and diesel cans we have for farm work tomorrow.   

Mailed my taxes in to the IRS and Arizona.  Got a total of $291.00 coming back.

Paid bills, picked up my dog's heart worm meds, got some groceries, returned a couple of DVDs to the library, worked in the shop on a couple of buildings I'm kit bashing for my toy trains, watched a half dozen episodes of NCIS and two  Murdoch Mysteries, made corn meal Johnny cakes and chili for supper, and spent some time on the internet.

Time for bed.

Soothed and tended to my wife Patty who is getting hammered from the side effects of her cancer meds. 5 week cycle of meds, 3 weeks off. Starting our 7th year of that regimen now. It's our normal and most days I don't think about it too much. Today I am for no particular reason, and it sucks.

Spoke with my 93-year-old mom this evening who lives in a retirement community. Basically a condominium arrangement. As of today, the residents are confined to quarters as if they're on a cruise ship. Meals are delivered, but they're unable to move about the building as before. She doesn't mind and thinks it's the right call. She's a really sharp gal who knows how to keep herself occupied.   

Spent part of the day transitioning to a new computer before the old one goes kaput for good. Going great, but the newer operating system and latest version of Adobe software I depend on for business is like learning a new dialect of a somewhat familiar language. When I started in this business 45 years ago (graphic design), the way we do things now was unthinkable. It's like transitioning from biplanes to the jet age. It continues to be a wonderment and fascinating ride.

Patty put together a corned beef crockpot stew for dinner this morning. After 8 hours of cooking it was awesome. Enjoyed that whilst watching "Some Like it Hot" on Amazon. Still a great flick after 60+ years.

This weekend I intend to continue tweaking my recently-acquired Uberti .44-40 carbine. Put a 5th gen short stroke in it a couple of months ago, but the timing is off just a smidge. Almost there and I'm kinda pumped about how it'll turn out.

Hope y'all are staying sane in these strange times. Our best to everyone. :) 

Took one for the posse and bought Prairie Dawg's 66. Got hammered in the Saloon from all the free drinks I got for saving the others from having to explain to their wives why they bought another rifle.

Now to explain to my wife why I was out late last night and why I need a $800 advance on my allowance. :D:P

Archived