SASS Wire Forum

Improvised masks

Improvised?

gimmee all yer brains or I’ll....I’ll.....uh

92242128_211161693503904_4508791718845349888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=y3Cj6fMOU_QAX9Q2JDE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=84676636793e41dbf52e96e5b0960bd7&oe=5EAE143D

Strikes me that the Old West was fashion forward!

I had to cover my face.

The workplace issued masks and mandated their use.

The beard prevented its proper function, and white whiskers sticking out the bottom made it look like I was hiding an albino squirrel on my chin.

The wife and I discussed it and concluded 'twas time to fire up the brush hog and trim off the chin whiskers, they'll grow back when the time is right!

My local bank won't  let you wear a hat or sunglasses inside their building.

Probably  think even less of wearing a mask up to the service counter.

26 minutes ago, Choctaw Jack said:

I'd have to change banks. The only place I go without a hat of some kind is Church.

6 hours ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Well, I wouldn’t pay any attention to that nonsense.  

Anyone who does business that way is themself a crook, and it wouldn’t take much of an audit to expose them. 
I would stop doing business with that bank, close the account(s) and have the money wired to an account at another bank.

Wore the bandit bandana mask a few times at matches when it was cold as Hell. I've actually worn a cheapo mask a couple three times the last few days with this Covid $#%. With the current state of affairs you can't even find cheapo lawn mowing masks. I do have a fair collection of bandanas. I know about HEPA filters, viruses, microbiology, sterile technique et al. I guess even a bandana is better than nothing. Time was you might get shot for that in this part of the was. I guess not so much now.

JHC:angry:

I work today, and I'll find out when I go in what the company is doing about masks, and if they are available. I may dig out a bandana or something, just in case, I haven't decided.

My bank was open yesterday, they had the distance between you and the teller roped off. Their hours are cut and they're not open on Saturdays. Mon-Fri 9:00 to 3:00

Has anyone tried to buy masks, any kind of medical or dust masks online or in stores lately?

The earliest delivery dates  I have found say “Ships April 30th to May 24th”.

A lot of people will be way out of luck when the laws go into effect regarding wearing masks at all times in public. 
People at stores and in the government better damn well understand that people will have to improvise. 

One guy at work called a meeting and stated that “everyone attending must wear masks.” He didn’t give a conference call in number. He wondered why no one showed up...he works in an office building and has no clue what we at the Divisions are going through and that our resources are stretched thin. 
He is the type of guy that is all over this country making decisions on what “we” should be doing. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Has anyone tried to buy masks, any kind of medical or dust masks online or in stores lately?

The earliest delivery dates  I have found say “Ships April 30th to May 24th”.

A lot of people will be way out of luck when the laws go into effect regarding wearing masks at all times in public. 
People at stores and in the government better damn well understand that people will have to improvise. 

One guy at work called a meeting and stated that “everyone attending must wear masks.” He didn’t give a conference call in number. He wondered why no one showed up...he works in an office building and has no clue what we at the Divisions are going through and that our resources are stretched thin. 
He is the type of guy that is all over this country making decisions on what “we” should be doing. 

Earliest date I found was May 22! 
I have a lot of masks at home....2,000 miles away. :(

The CDC says use non medical or improvised masks. Those should be sufficient if your following the safety guidelines.

Howdy,

So from all I have read a cloth handkerchief mask 

and a fresh one (or two) every day and wash em once a week.

The virus is supposed to be carried on water droplets

going in or out of the nose or mouth.

Im sure not buying masks from China of all places.

Best

CR

10 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Earliest date I found was May 22! 
I have a lot of masks at home....2,000 miles away. :(

The CDC says use non medical or improvised masks. Those should be sufficient if your following the safety guidelines.

I just ordered some “surgical-like” dust masks from Amazon. They said delivery was April 22 to May 15th. After I placed the order the email they sent said delivery May 15. No mention of April. But, to be fair,  things that we have been ordering from Amazon have been coming well before their predicted dates. 

I don't know, I was thinking of wearing this to work behind the gun counter on Monday. What does everyone think?

IMG_1016.JPG

Well, I've gotten started on making masks of my own.  This is what I came up with.  Inside is a piece of HVAC hepa filter.

IMG_1320.thumb.jpg.4327a1ec2583203740e26e7db9ff76d4.jpg

I've got a full-face respirator, and three or four half-face. Somewhere around here, I have a box of disposable paper paint/dust masks, but danged if I can find 'em.

A couple years ago, I cleaned out one of the outbuildings to remodel into an office space, and tossed at least half a dozen brand new half-face respirators and several brand new cartridges. Worth a small fortune now. :mellow:

Archived