SASS Wire Forum

I Need A Haircut

Yul Lose

My barber has been closed going on 3 weeks now and I can’t find any of them open, I’d kind of think they were an essential service. My Doctor is going to do a visual office visit in a few minutes via FaceTime but that probably won’t work for a hair cut:D. Anyone else getting shaggy?

Yes. Before yesterday I hadn't shaved in two weeks and no haircut in about a month. My daughter announced at the dinner table that I was starting to look like a homeless person. Well I "shaved" yesterday morning and that helped a little. I put shaved in quotation marks because I don't shave and haven't most of my adult life; I do however trim my facial hair very close by taking the guards off my electric hair clippers.  I'm afraid to give myself a haircut though, so it's just going to have to grow for a while. The good part is it's getting long enough to comb over my bald spot :blink:

Yeah. I have decided  that I will not get a haircut until my barber opens  her shop again.

My wife thinks I need to look elsewhere. I was due for a haircut in February but put it off a  bit....oops.

"As Seen On TV~!"

Can there be any better testament that that??  ^_^

This guy was featured on some TV news program this morning...  :)

7 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

"As Seen On TV~!"

Yeah...No!

42 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

My barber has been closed going on 3 weeks now and I can’t find any of them open, I’d kind of think they were an essential service. My Doctor is going to do a visual office visit in a few minutes via FaceTime but that probably won’t work for a hair cut:D. Anyone else getting shaggy?

Go ask a Mortician :lol:

OLG 

22 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

"As Seen On TV~!"

Been cutting my own hair for 45 years. It’s not hard. Got a Wahl hair trimmer from Walmart.

Same.  I called Monika a couple days ago.

She broke her shoulder,  but even still, she’s afraid to come in and become ill.   So, I’ll just let it grow until Monika gives me a call.

Cat Brules

27 minutes ago, Bingo Montana said:

Have to agree with Crazy Gun Barney, the Flowbee is about to make a comeback, probably start seeing their commercials on TV in 3, 2, 1......

My son in law that’s three years older than me used to give my grandson flowbee haircuts when he was growing up so I’m going to call him and see if I can borrow it.

I tend to keep my hair short anyway, so it is at the point it is touching my ears. I had Mrs. Doc clean up the hair off the back of my neck yesterday, so I'm good for a little longer. If it gets too bad, I'll see if she is up to giving it a try. Although, she did mention that when she has a horse that moves too much while trying to trim it, she uses a twitch...:blink:

An old timer, dealing with Male Pattern Baldness, I usually go for a # 1 in summer an a #2 in winter, on what's left. (Just to keep my head warmer! LOL)

With the barber shop closed for some time now and in need of a haircut, I bought a kit and I'm trying to get the nerve to try to do it myself.

After I figure out where to do it and what to do with the hair.

Or, since I'm bald to half way back, maybe I'll let the back of the head and neck hair grow and do a comb-over.

Or a man bun.

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I do the same too, UB.

OLG 

I figgered after 20+ years of watching barbers do it in the mirror it didn’t look that hard. I was right.

I haven’t had a haircut in over 15 years...don’t really see the need for one now...

I just got mine cut in February. I'm good for a while. I think I'll just let it grow until my lovely bride complains then I'll see about having her trim it off of my ears. What is left is pretty curly so it shouldn't really be an issue for a while...

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I done put out the call... welcome to the club!  at-wits-end.gif

As you can tell my son in law that’s three years older than me can’t find the flowbee. He’s the tall one.

2F665B61-F550-41F9-BC2B-CCC6B121DCE7.jpeg

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

my son in law that’s three years older than me 

I'm not gonna ask how that is possible... :D

I cut my own hair for years. I got tired of doing it and found a barber that came to the gun shop/range I used to work at part time. He does a great job. If it gets too shabby I’ll do a little trim but I sure hope my barber comes back soon! He always has guns for sale and we’ve done a couple trades too!

I'm getting shaggy too.  I'm running out of styling ideas to keep it somewhat in line.  I can't wear a hat to work so I'll have to find another way.

29 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

I'm getting shaggy too.  I'm running out of styling ideas to keep it somewhat in line.  I can't wear a hat to work so I'll have to find another way.

Kris, people are asking,

Q:  Who is still doing nails and hair?

A:  Your local mortician!

STAY HOME!!

3 hours ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

I'm not gonna ask how that is possible... :D

It’s a long story.

Now that masks are standard issue at work, and orders to use them (it's about time, I lobbied for thirteen years to get rid of the rotating shift and almost as long for masks ... until it became a boss's idea, though, it wasn't a good one ... common shortcoming of bureaucracies, I understand!) -- anyway, my Chin Whiskers hold that mask out at the bottom.

Makes me look like I'm hiding an albino squirrel under the mask.

My bride gave me a serious look when I mentioned it to her and she said "You can always grow back whiskers."
She's right.

Keeping the mustache, though!

56 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Kris, people are asking,

Q:  Who is still doing nails and hair?

A:  Your local mortician!

STAY HOME!!

Good point, BGQ.  I appreciate the concern.  Unfortunately, I fall under the "essential work" group so I must go into the office.  There is no way for me to work from home.  I am very careful while I'm out of the house.

Archived