SASS Wire Forum

Missing the Grandkids

Sixgun Seamus

We're very fortunate to have all 3 of my kids and their spouses including 6 grandkids live within 20 minutes from us. We get to see them several times a week on average and even watch one granddaughter on a regular basis. We left home on Jan 26 the for an extended CAS shooting trip that included Winter Range. When we returned home in late March, the "stay at home" crap was in full swing. Even though we saw and talked to them via phone video chats, it's still not the same as a hug. Today my oldest son brought his family over so they could see Mamaw and Papaw. Yes, we stayed outside and stayed apart. I think it's worse to see them and not be able to hold and hug them than it is to not see them at all. At least we got to see them and "fist bump" through the car window. My 5 yr old grandson, Cameron, drew pictures of us as cowboys and gave them to us. In case you don't know what I look like, that's me on the horse riding through the mountains and Kay is in the other picture. The writing on mine is supposed to say "Papa from Cam". Dang, I miss those kids.IMG_20200401_154747944.thumb.jpg.bdd5c5c80d25980c318f878ea1ccd438.jpg

IMG_20200401_154855378.jpg

In 2010, I was called up by the reserves and sent to the pentagon to work for a year.  My family had to stay in Colorado.  In the year I was gone, I saw my kids one time, when I took leave over Christmas.  I saw my wife twice; once during the Christmas leave I mentioned, and once when she flew out to see me.  We communicated almost everyday over Skype.  My youngest turned 2 years old while I was gone (I skyped into his birthday party), and when I returned he expressed happiness that I didn't "live in the computer anymore."  He's 11 now :)

My twin four year old grandsons live across the state the only way we can see them is face time. I miss them terribly. I can’t wait to hold them again 

Carol and I are feeling the same way. We've never been separated from the kids and grandkids this long. Oh, by the way, I recognized you in the picture right off!:rolleyes:

I wrote this on my FB page.....

Remember when you were in High School and you had a crush on a particular boy or girl.......You'd get in your car and drive slowly by their house....Maybe, Just maybe they would be in the window or outside in the yard and you could see them.......................................................................................................................................Well that's what I'm doing with my grandkids now........

Archived