SASS Wire Forum

Right, Lady, Go Ahead And Try

Subdeacon Joe

If she's indeed from England she's probably still butt hurt about the American Revolution.

Considering what he has on the duty belt,He is a Police officer,(Non LEO's aren't allowed impact weapons in NY) Her grabbing the gun would most likely end up with him using that collapsible baton to beat her about the head and shoulders until she saw the error of her ways.

I would love to see that dipsh...stick try that. I would also like to see her cuffed as she’s loaded on the plane back to her hole. 

I think it’s time to re-evaluate that “huddled masses” crap. 

She says "America, you have a problem."

Yup.  She and others of her ilk are it.

By the way... this was from about three years ago.  :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

90956377_10216964586291741_20036202824466432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=U7MLLNBYxM0AX8uZabW&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=2a790a3464650a4f984f617177323b03&oe=5EAA65F9

So we do.  We let morons like you in.

What a dumba$$

12 hours ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

Considering what he has on the duty belt,He is a Police officer,(Non LEO's aren't allowed impact weapons in NY) Her grabbing the gun would most likely end up with him using that collapsible baton to beat her about the head and shoulders until she saw the error of her ways.

Or back-up gun, punch knife, etc.  Any attempt to disarm a police officer has routinely been ruled as deadly force by courts across the country, so responding with deadly force is not only justified, but morally righteous.  

7 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Somebody openly wearing a gun in New York City?

Look at how he's dressed.  Add in the fact that another poster told us that in New York, non-LEOs cannot possess batons.  That is clearly an ASP baton (yep...I was an instructor for those once upon a time, I know it well!).  This is clearly a cop.  Uniformed cops always carry in the open.  

54 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

I'm glad none of you guys took the low road and made some remark about lipstick on a pig.

kR

I have too much respect for our domestic swine community.

And our "problem" that wore red jackets got kicked back across the pond in the 18th Century. And once again in the early 19th Century.

Cheers.

16 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

She says "America, you have a problem."

Yup.  She and others of her ilk are it.

By the way... this was from about three years ago.  :rolleyes:

Wonder where she is now? 

The last two times I had actual face-to-face interaction with police officers, where they were standing up outside of their car so you can see how they were dressed (4 years ago and 6 years ago) it was dark, so if they were wearing uber tacticool fatigue pants with big bulky utility pockets on the thigh, I did not notice it. the time before that where I had an actual face-to-face interaction with a police officer he was wearing something that looks similar to suit pants. Two button down pockets on the butt and two slash pockets on the side. But that's been way over 20 years, so I suppose uniforms could have changed.

It has long been my belief however that uniformed officers wore a utility belt, like Batman. every available piece of space on the belt had some equipment there. Gun, magazines, cuffs, stick, gloves, mace.

That gentleman appears to be wearing simply a pistol and a collapsible baton. And that looks like a real stupid place to carry that baton. Looks like it with interfere on the pistol draw.

Also way back there when I saw police officers, their shirt tails were tucked in.

Looking at that person in the picture, nothing about him says "police" to me.

Maybe I need to commit more crimes, or at least more traffic infractions, so I see cops more often.

26 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Wonder where she is now? 

For the safety of all concerned, hopefully back across the pond!  :huh:

1 minute ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

For the safety of all concerned, hopefully back across the pond!  :huh:

Apparently no one bothered to inform her about the  US bailout in WW II with small arms 

because Dear Old England didn't have any. I believe we "sent them some  ships also".

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

The last two times I had actual face-to-face interaction with police officers, where they were standing up outside of their car so you can see how they were dressed (4 years ago and 6 years ago) it was dark, so if they were wearing uber tacticool fatigue pants with big bulky utility pockets on the thigh, I did not notice it. the time before that where I had an actual face-to-face interaction with a police officer he was wearing something that looks similar to suit pants. Two button down pockets on the butt and two slash pockets on the side. But that's been way over 20 years, so I suppose uniforms could have changed.

It has long been my belief however that uniformed officers wore a utility belt, like Batman. every available piece of space on the belt had some equipment there. Gun, magazines, cuffs, stick, gloves, mace.

That gentleman appears to be wearing simply a pistol and a collapsible baton. And that looks like a real stupid place to carry that baton. Looks like it with interfere on the pistol draw.

Also way back there when I saw police officers, their shirt tails were tucked in.

Looking at that person in the picture, nothing about him says "police" to me.

Maybe I need to commit more crimes, or at least more traffic infractions, so I see cops more often.

Cops in every department are different, have different uniforms, different expectations, and different ways to set up the bat belt.  I have known several cops to carry their baton as depicted in that photo, despite the fact that ASP recommends carrying it on the weak side.  Some departments mandate every bat belt be set up exactly the same; others allow the officer to configure it to their liking as long as the leather style matches the department's style.  Cops on the West coast have a culture in which spit polish, starch, and shirt garters are considered absolute necessities.  On the east coast, the sharper your uniform (spit polish, starch, and shirt garters), the more of a rookie you are.  In their mindset, having a worn-out, sloppy looking uniform means you are an experienced officer.  

My department had cargo pants, but a different look than the ones depicted in the picture.  Those were more common with paramedics.  Other times, SWAT teams may be equipped in such a manner; black isn't the only way things are done.  That said, one poster in this thread stated specifically that this was in New York; I'm guessing NYPD's "Emergency Services" unit, aka the SWAT team.  No SWAT officer carries a duty belt loaded down and configured like a patrol cop -- they don't need all those things, and they are encumbered with others.  

Here is me on my last day on patrol before retirement, July 16th, 2016...wearing cargo pants.

DSC_0113.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Careful... she says she is "partially weapons trained". Where exactly did she get that partial weapons training of hers? From watching Lethal Weapon over and over?

..... probably was allowed to be "semi-supervised" (trusted) with blunt-point scissors in kindergarten ....

:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

I'm glad none of you guys took the low road and made some remark about lipstick on a pig.

kR

You didn't give me a chance to respond.  OKOK fine, I'll come up with something else. 

To paraphrase Yogi Berra, she's so bad off she don't know what she don't know. 

2 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

You didn't give me a chance to respond.  OKOK fine, I'll come up with something else. 

To paraphrase Yogi Berra, she's so bad off she don't know what she don't know. 

I'm sorry, did not mean to deprive anyone of a chance to respond.

PS I did not say what I was really thinkin as it was not as polite a response.

kR

On 4/1/2020 at 5:54 PM, Dantankerous said:

If she's indeed from England she's probably still butt hurt about the American Revolution.

But won't recognize us for saving her country for the Germans....twice.

You're welcome, bless your heart.

Not all from merrie ol England are as self righteous as our virtuous, young libtard.

Back in the early 1980's, I managed the family's restaurant and was on the fire department. On Thursday afternoons a bunch of us would go spray lead at an abandoned factory complex outside of town, then return for some great food and cold beer as we sorted our brass and cleaned weapons. This was done in a back dining room. One day a regular brought in a friend from London who was visiting. His jaw dropped when he saw rifles, pistols and shotguns spread out on a table, some field stripped as the guys sipped beer and had sandwiches. Some ARs, an M1 Carbine, many 1911 (This was pre-Glock) and a folding stock shotgun or two. Our friend asked if he could have his picture taken with the hardware, and we obliged. He asked what the local police thought of this and we pointed to three of our local PD buddies who were with us for the afternoon. His mind was blown. Not only were there all kinds of guns being carried, but they ate while they cleaned them with the local police. He was stunned. I reminded him of an important point after an afternoon shooting all kinds of weapons; nobody was hurt, outraged or offended. We cleaned our guns, ate, and went home until next Thursday. I can only imagine his stories when he got back home.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:05 PM, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

Got to agree... the evidence suggests LEO

On 4/1/2020 at 9:05 PM, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

I would have loved to witness the baton session.:)

Archived