SASS Wire Forum

It feels like

y'all ever read Stephen King's The Stand?  It is a long book, but since you are stuck with no ranges open and you can only mow the lawn so many times, you have time to read it now.

Starts off with a "superflu" that wipes out most of the world's population... and then the survivors have to survive.... with Stephen King type plots and twists.

17 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Stephen King's The Stand

But I have no desire to go to either Boulder or Lost Wages.

17 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

y'all ever read Stephen King's The Stand?  It is a long book, but since you are stuck with no ranges open and you can only mow the lawn so many times, you have time to read it now.

Starts off with a "superflu" that wipes out most of the world's population... and then the survivors have to survive.... with Stephen King type plots and twists.

@Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428,

That's assuming you are using a mower.

I've decided since I have plenty of time during this "Stay At Home" period, I would make it last longer and so...........

22 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Early in our marriage, Hubby asked me to quit reading Stephen King's books. This was after I punched him in the face in my sleep. :o:blush: I have seen several movies made from those books without any mishaps.

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Early in our marriage, Hubby asked me to quit reading Stephen King's books. This was after I punched him in the face in my sleep. :o:blush: I have seen several movies made from those books without any mishaps.

He musta really been smitten with you.  I had a girl break up with me cause I kept punching and elbowing her in my sleep.  Never could figure out why and no one else ever reported that behavior. 

8 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

He musta really been smitten with you.  I had a girl break up with me cause I kept punching and elbowing her in my sleep.  Never could figure out why and no one else ever reported that behavior. 

Either that or it didn't phase him much. He was 6'5" and 240 pounds and I was 5'6" and 115 pounds.

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I quit reading his books when IT came to visit me in my dreams. Pennywise the clown drug me into a storm drain and all of a sudden I had a giant safety pin and had to fight off the giant spider that was “It” in the book. 
The safety pin concept apparently came from “The Incredible Shrinking Man”. Loved that movie when I was a kid. Saw it on Saturday Night “Chiller Theatre” reruns. 

DB58CD09-3CFB-4343-9347-7425F7D26947.jpeg.f9d42a97bfbad517460e34b6b4ccf365.jpeg

8 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Are we  certain that you were asleep?  :rolleyes:

Archived