SASS Wire Forum

32 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Link doesn't work

Alpo,

Thank you.

Really weird that the spacing between the link and the picture caused the link not to work.

Once I removed the extra spaces, the link changed from text to a hyperlink.

Just read it myself.

C7BFB04D-B74E-4E38-808B-693C514882D5.jpeg

If we don’t have at least some rough idea of what happened near the ok corral ~140 years ago then iterating it again likely won’t help.  But, here goes:  2 gangs of thugs, one group posing as law enforcement, engaged in a gunfight.

Cat Brules

8 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

If we don’t have at least some rough idea of what happened near the ok corral ~140 years ago then iterating it again likely won’t help.  But, here goes:  2 gangs of thugs, one group posing as law enforcement, engaged in a gunfight.

Cat Brules

Perhaps a bit oversimplified, but not entirely inaccurate either.

The Earps were prone to play loose with the law at times, and the Cowboys were not quite totally evil. There was even a dose of support for them with the general population. 

The OK Corral was a perfect storm of rival “gangs” playing out a deadly game. Nobody held the true moral high ground in that fight. 

I wonder why it is, that for over a hundred years, every article, every movie, every MENTION of the fight refers to "the Clanton gang". Then a movie comes out where the Clanton gang is called "the cowboys". And for the last 25 years, whenever there's any mention of "the gunfight in the alley next to Fly's photography studio", the Clanton gang is now the cowboys.

I probably should leave this to someone who knows more about it than I do, however I believe that the group (or gang) that the Clanton boys were grouped into was actually referred to in those days, as “the Cowboys“.

I believe Charlie Harley’s reply, above, concisely and accurately describes the ok corral incident.

Cat Brules

I have a Son born 10-26-1989 

And a Daughter  born 10-26-1994

So that's a big date in our House hold .

People always say

( Wow that's Amazing)

I always say ( Not Really. )

Our Anniversary is 1-21-1989 .

Do the math lol :o

Archived