SASS Wire Forum

Hope

I have been reading the posts here and on other sites I visit, reading the news on line and my less-than-satisfactory local newspaper, and listening to the radio once in awhile, and I am greatly saddened by the lack of HOPE shown by most people, even here on the most conservative site that I am regularly connected with.

I hear mostly negatives about how we are all going to get the C flu, how there isn't enough of anything we need available, negative comments about Trump and how he's personally destroying our great nation, and all manner of contradictive, misleading, and overly blatant untrue crap.  Conspiracy theories are running rampant in some circles.

Where would we be if FDR had simply said "We can't do anything anyway.  Let's let the Japanese have the Pacific" or if Truman had demanded more time-eating "testing" before dropping the hammer on Japan?  How about if Salk had decided that one man couldn't do anything to stop polio, or if the Mormon pioneers in the mid 1850s hadn't looked at the Great basin as an opportunity instead of a worthless desert?  What if a small handful of women hadn't gotten out out the "barefoot and pregnant" mindset and taken to the streets to demand equality?

Where would we be if Lincoln hadn't taken on the Confederacy, or if a small group of entrepreneurs hadn't decided it could collectively string two steel rails side by side across the continent and drive trains thousands of miles from one ocean to the next?

Let's throw in Marie Curie, Thomas Edison, the Wright brothers, Oppenheimer and Einstein, Teddy Roosevelt, our founding fathers, and literally thousands of other swho didn't believe nothing could be done, there was no hope, and that one person can't do anything alone.

Look at what challenges this country has faced and won over in out history.  We became on a historically short time the greatest, most powerful, and I might add, the most generous nation ever known on this planet ........and now we're going to tuck our tails between out legs, hide in dark and  places, and cry that there is no hope?

I am ashamed of many of the people that I know personally, many who I consider close friends, who have this attitude and are desperately trying to convert me and others to their fatalist views.

IT WON'T HAPPEN IN THE TAYLOR HOUSEHOLD!   WE CHOOSE HOPE!

Not me I know I live in the greatest nation on earth and that the media thrives on doom and gloom.

I have yet to read about the first person to die in this country because a ventilator was not available. Those whining to the media are doing so because they might have to do without not because they are doing without. They have an agenda and that is to make My President look bad.  Is he perfect? Absolutely not. Will he make mistakes? Most definitely. Who doesn't.  JMNSHO but the ones pointing their fingers are part of the problem and not part of the solution. Remember this at the voting booth

Of course morgues and funeral homes are overwhelmed. Every deceased person's body is a bio-hazard and requires special handling to prevent further spread of the virus. With funerals not being conducted of course bodies are going to have to be stored somewhere. Can't have them decomposing so a refrigerated trailer makes perfect sense. No different than after 9-11 or any other mass causality event. But the MSM thrives on the bad not the good so why wouldn't we expect them to make it appear that the end of the world is nigh when in reality the US is in pretty good shape. 

I am POSITIVE that we as a country will get through this, in spite of the naysayers and the MSM that spend all their time exacerbating the problem vice being part of the solution. 

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I have been reading the posts here and on other sites I visit, reading the news on line and my less-than-satisfactory local newspaper, and listening to the radio once in awhile, and I am greatly saddened by the lack of HOPE shown by most people, even here on the most conservative site that I am regularly connected with.

I hear mostly negatives about how we are all going to get the C flu, how there isn't enough of anything we need available, negative comments about Trump and how he's personally destroying our great nation, and all manner of contradictive, misleading, and overly blatant untrue crap.  Conspiracy theories are running rampant in some circles.

Where would we be if FDR had simply said "We can't do anything anyway.  Let's let the Japanese have the Pacific" or if Truman had demanded more time-eating "testing" before dropping the hammer on Japan?  How about if Salk had decided that one man couldn't do anything to stop polio, or if the Mormon pioneers in the mid 1850s hadn't looked at the Great basin as an opportunity instead of a worthless desert?  What if a small handful of women hadn't gotten out out the "barefoot and pregnant" mindset and taken to the streets to demand equality?

Where would we be if Lincoln hadn't taken on the Confederacy, or if a small group of entrepreneurs hadn't decided it could collectively string two steel rails side by side across the continent and drive trains thousands of miles from one ocean to the next?

Let's throw in Marie Curie, Thomas Edison, the Wright brothers, Oppenheimer and Einstein, Teddy Roosevelt, our founding fathers, and literally thousands of other swho didn't believe nothing could be done, there was no hope, and that one person can't do anything alone.

Look at what challenges this country has faced and won over in out history.  We became on a historically short time the greatest, most powerful, and I might add, the most generous nation ever known on this planet ........and now we're going to tuck our tails between out legs, hide in dark and  places, and cry that there is no hope?

I am ashamed of many of the people that I know personally, many who I consider close friends, who have this attitude and are desperately trying to convert me and others to their fatalist views.

Forty Rod, you can add me as one of those who chooses HOPE, and we are both from PV in the Arizona Territory. 

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Well said, my friend!:FlagAm:

You've got my vote too!!! 

Thank you for making me realize I haven't been vocal enough about the good that is going on through all this.  How people in communities are stepping up to the plate to help one another and our first responders. 

Thank you for bringing it to the fore, 4T.  I will endeavor to follow your example and rise to the occasion of spreading more hope and optimism.

Thank you!!!!

Forty, you and I think a lot alike sometimes. Scary, I know, but I was just giving my guys at work a lecture today on “Hope” and how blessed we are. 

We need more hope. 

12 hours ago, Raylan said:

I don't much trust folks who announce a "cure" before making sure they do indeed have a cure.  I also don't trust anyone In California who makes such a claim or most other claims.  And I sure in hell don't trust such agencies as the FDA to do what's right in this situation.

I do still have hope though, that I'm very wrong in this case.

Archived