SASS Wire Forum

EOT 2020 Cancellation Announcement

Misty Moonshine

We are all living in a new world this month as COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc on our lives across the globe. All of us at SASS wish nothing but peace and health to our members and their families during this time, and our thoughts are with those surviving in the areas hardest hit. 

For the first time in 39 years, we regret to announce the cancellation of END of TRAIL 2020. An event like END of TRAIL takes months and months of planning, a significant financial commitment, and is reliant upon our attendees, sponsors, vendors, competitors, and guests to make it successful. 

While there is much the world still doesn’t know about the lifespan of COVID19, the fact remains that it could be months before we return to a level of normalcy that would allow for a successful END of TRAIL. 

The number of cancellations has skyrocketed over the past 2 weeks, and- even if the surge of the virus is behind us and the gathering bans are lifted in time for the event, we feel that the wake left behind from the devastating COVID-19 Pandemic will still be evident, and that we would not be in a position to present END of TRAIL in the tradition and fanfare that it, and our guests both deserve. 

If you have already registered for END of TRAIL, you have 3 options: 
1)    Request a full refund 
2) Transfer your entry fee to EOT 2021
3) Donate: your entry fee will be transitioned into a direct donation to the SASS Museum & Cowboy Action Shooting Hall of Fame; a 501C-3. You will receive a donation receipt for your contribution for tax purposes.

*Please contact us directly at sass@sassnet.com to inform us what your choice is.

END of TRAIL Registration will remain open and all information will be transferred to EOT 2021. 

We look forward to seeing you at the 40th Anniversary of END of TRAIL, June 17-27, 2021. What a bash it will be!

Thank you, Misty. That had to be a very hard call to make. You did the right thing.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.  We all love you Misty.  We know it was an insanely tough decision but you did the right thing for us all.  Thanks to you and everyone there in HQ.  Will see you next year. 

When do the applications get posted for 2021?

Wanna be early for next year.

Bless all ya all at SASS, and Sassy and I wish you God speed.

Windy City Red

Misty Facebook post ....

I just want to send my personal heartfelt thanks to everyone for their understanding of the decision to cancel EOT 2020. I can assure you my ties to EOT are very strong; I literally cried as I was writing the announcement.
I will miss seeing everyone more than you all will ever know!!
On another note, we had already ordered, paid for, and received a huge batch of Championship 1st place category buckles.. about 35 of them... Montana Silversmiths has told us they will not rework the buckles to change the year- I can’t believe/accept that all these beautiful buckles are destined for the garbage. With all our members connections- does anyone know of any resources (silversmiths) that I can contact to see if they’ll rework the year banner to 2021 on these buckles? Any direction, referrals or help would be greatly appreciated- and would greatly help lessen the sting of the financial losses due to the cancellation. Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, John Boy said:

Misty Facebook post ....

I just want to send my personal heartfelt thanks to everyone for their understanding of the decision to cancel EOT 2020. I can assure you my ties to EOT are very strong; I literally cried as I was writing the announcement.
On another note, we had already ordered, paid for, and received a huge batch of Championship 1st place category buckles.. about 35 of them... Montana Silversmiths has told us they will not rework the buckles to change the year- I can’t believe/accept that all these beautiful buckles are destined for the garbage. With all our members connections- does anyone know of any resources (silversmiths) that I can contact to see if they’ll rework the year banner to 2021 on these buckles? Any direction, referrals or help would be greatly appreciated- and would greatly help lessen the sting of the financial losses due to the cancellation. Thanks in advance

I'd call @Slick McClade

Misty, a lot of the native silversmiths purchase their supplies in Albq. I would go to Thundebird ( I don't remember the other shop's name as Marianne only uses thunderbird) and ask if I could put up an inquiry. As you probably know TA Chance was in the industry for Many years. You might ask him for a lead.

Brian at All American Jewelry in Edgewood may know someone, plus he's a neighbor.  (505) 281-1876

Mari and I have been going to him for years.

Thank you Misty.

A lot of hard decisions are be made right now, they are not pleasant ones, just real life decisions.  I have been involved in many at the educational institution where I am employed.  What I can say is most are understanding of the seriousness of the pandemic and understand that this is a life and death type of event for many.  Thank you and looking forward to EOT 2021.

Misty,

We are all sorry that End of Trail was cancelled.  

It was obviously the right call.

Cat Brules

On 4/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, John Boy said:

Misty Facebook post ....

I’d just use them as is. I bet not one cowboy/cowgirl will complain! Would be a good reminder of a crazy time in our history. 

Misty,

This was a very tough call, I know.  We are all so sorry that this virus had to take hold during EOT.   Committing to your vendors and making the large deposit payments for an event that might not take place is an extremely difficult situation to manage, given the uncertainty of everything at this point. 

This was the right call.....we are all very disappointed, but not with you, or EOT, or SASS.

The entire SASS Community stands with you, I'm sure, and will step up to help in any way we can. 

I was looking forward to the first shoot as an El Rey. The cancellation just provides and incentive to live another year!  :) IMHO, this was the best solution to the coronavirus problem.

Please transfer my registration to 2021!!!! Misty made the correct decision and I will continue to support SASS and EOT.

Archived