SASS Wire Forum

EOT Cancellation for 2020

Joe LaFives #5481

Just saw the Member Bulletin from Misty.   Sorry to see this but I suspected it had to happen.  Stay safe out there.

This was my first year as a SASS member.

I shoot with the Dusty Bunch out of Casa Grande, Arizona. I want to thank everyone who welcomed me with open arms and mostly to my posse for their mentorship and friendship.

I never made it to EOT, but hopefully this pandemic will soon be over and I will get to join you all in 2021.

Stay safe and may the hand of God rest upon all of our shoulders as he guides us and protects us during this time of uncertainty.

Tequila Tony-

Relax.  SASS is not disbanding.   Only the single annual match was cancelled.

Say a prayer for the SASS Headquarters people in Edgewood, New Mexico, and also for the townspeople and businesses in Edgewood, who count on income generated by End of Trail.  

SASS will likely take a significant financial hit from the cancellation of this major event and from other major SASS-affiliated events around the Country this year.   Perhaps SASS will qualify for Federal assistance this year?

Cat Brules

Can somebody post it here? I’m a member but received no notice of EOT cancellation. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Can somebody post it here? I’m a member but received no notice of EOT cancellation. Thank you.

We are all living in a new world this month as COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc on our lives across the globe. All of us at SASS wish nothing but peace and health to our members and their families during this time, and our thoughts are with those surviving in the areas hardest hit.

For the first time in 39 years, we regret to announce the cancellation of END of TRAIL 2020. An event like END of TRAIL takes months and months of planning, a significant financial commitment, and is reliant upon our attendees, sponsors, vendors, competitors, and guests to make it successful.

While there is much the world still doesn’t know about the lifespan of COVID19, the fact remains that it could be months before we return to a level of normalcy that would allow for a successful END of TRAIL.
The number of cancellations has skyrocketed over the past 2 weeks, and- even if the surge of the virus is behind us and the gathering bans are lifted in time for the event, we feel that the wake left behind from the devastating COVID-19 Pandemic will still be evident, and that we would not be in a position to present END of TRAIL in the tradition and fanfare that it, and our guests both deserve. 

If you have already registered for END of TRAIL, you have 3 options:
1)    Request a full refund
2) Transfer your entry fee to EOT 2021
3) Donate: your entry fee will be transitioned into a direct donation to the SASS Museum & Cowboy Action Shooting Hall of Fame; a 501C-3. You will receive a donation receipt for your contribution for tax purposes.

*Please contact us directly at sass@sassnet.com to inform us what your choice is.

END of TRAIL Registration will remain open and all information will be transferred to EOT 2021.

We look forward to seeing you at the 40th Anniversary of END of TRAIL, June 17-27, 2021. What a bash it will be!

I realize the date today is April 1st... and, April Fools Day. This is NOT an April Fools Prank/Joke. This is real. EOT is REALLY cancelled. :(

We remain extremely grateful for each and every one of our members and your individual contributions- whether that be time, talent or treasure (and sometimes all three!). We look forward to continuing to serve you in the upcoming year, and for many years to come.

In gratitude for your support & membership,
Misty Moonshine
Misty Moonshine, SASS Patron #83232
Chief Executive Officer
2b511841-f0e0-4682-afea-2c5e0a79c4dd.png
Cowboy Chronicle Header

The April 2020 Issue of The Cowboy Chronicle is a digital issue- to view and download the PDF version online by clicking the link below:

Thank you, TC.

Hate to hear it. After missing the last few years. Was going to hit it this year.

But with all this going on. How do they plan for it. So I can see why they did.

See you all at EOT 2021.

3 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Perhaps SASS will qualify for Federal assistance this year?

Cat Brules

Seriously, they should check out the Paycheck Protection Program established by the CARES Act.  I am for my organization.  Applications start on this Friday.

Also, I sure hope they have event cancellation insurance with the communicable disease rider.

22 minutes ago, Dutch Coroner said:

Seriously, they should check out the Paycheck Protection Program established by the CARES Act.  I am for my organization.  Applications start on this Friday.

Also, I sure hope they have event cancellation insurance with the communicable disease rider.

I'm spearheading that for my organization as well.   I doubt the legislation just passed will do much for SASS as it's based primarily on the prior year's payroll costs, which I doubt add up to much for SASS.  The legislation isn't really designed to help with overhead outside of payroll, which is where I suspect SASS has the biggest obligations. 

Cancelling is the right call.  I just hope SASS doesn't take too big of a financial hit from this. 

Very tough decision! Us cowboys and cowgirls stand together though and we will all get through this together. What we all want everyone to do is to stay well and if cancelling EOT is what needs to happen, then I’m sure all of us support it. No need in taking chances. We miss our cowboy/cowgirl family, so stay healthy everyone and we will all see each other on the trail when this is all over.

You can support SASS by attending as many SASS-sanctioned events as you can once travel restrictions are lifted.  They will receive part of your match fees and you will certainly enjoy the events.

56 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I'm curious, as to why SASS mgmt hasn't posted that notice in the forum.

OLG 

Could it be because SASS Mgmt realizes that most Members have more sense than to hang around This Joint ? B)

It is also in the new April Chronicle that was posted today.  
So as a positive note take some time to read the new issue. 

SASS apparently cancelled EOT.

THERE’S NO REASON to suspect SASS has laid off any employees.  

Right now, like every one else, they’re probably fighting the fire that’s burning their collective ass the hottest.

Relax.

Cat Brules 

2 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Bet with the virus restrictions in place. 

Mgmt is working from home.

I sure hope so......

OLG 

They are, they sent out an email recently to all members that the office was closed, but everyone has the capability to work from home and will be answering emails and/or calls.

Hi everyone! 
I apologize for not posting the notice here first thing this morning. 
the announcement went to every SASS members email at midnight, and is in the April issue of The Cowboy Chronicle. 
Per the mandated order, SASS HQ and Founders Ranch are both closed. All SASS HQ Staff are working from home, and as you can imagine, I woke up to a very active inbox and message center. I just got my head above water and came here to post it myself. I don’t see any need to, with this thread... but I will! 

Many thanks for your understanding.

Misty

25 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

SASS apparently cancelled EOT.

THERE’S NO REASON to suspect SASS has laid off any employees.  

Right now, like every one else, they’re probably fighting the fire that’s burning their collective ass the hottest.

Relax.

Cat Brules 

I haven’t seen anyone suggesting that. 

On 4/1/2020 at 8:49 AM, Dutch Coroner said:

I haven’t seen anyone suggesting that. 

I was getting that vibe

Archived